Lmia

big-al:

MartyG:
Agri-Tel seem to be showing interest anyone know what these are like to run for?

sorry for the late comment, i work for them.
the guy on top explained what was 2 years ago,
things are changed now, you get 20 cad for border crossing, the other thing is the same.

the comany is not the worst one to work for, but take to cinsideration that every trip is between 2-3 weeks, you go to Cali twice, the miles are fair, and there is no tight apointments, you unload on friday, reload on sat, and need to be in Calgary monday night or thu morning, and if you reload to Regina the apointment is allways early wed morning, so you will have planty of time to get there without running out of houres, one trip like this would give you between 7-8k miles, or 3k cad, after the Gov will take their money you left with about 2000-2200, which is fine for a newcomer.

the ecuipment is good and well mainteined, (small company, about 40 trucks),
the majority of the guys here are single and living the Truckstop life, if its works for you, thats great.
if you want, the company allows you to take your wife on the trips, but, she will get borred, the routes are the same, and basicly you driving in rounds, Cali-Nevada-Idaho-Montana-Alberta/Sask. 4-5 major highways and thats it, if you have the luck to pickup something to Rancho Cucamanga, then you drive through Vegas.
Cali is anoying, Bad roads all broken, 55mph limit and crazy traffic (like central Paris, but on 5-6 lane highway)

the bad thing is that all new drivers are going on the Elog crap, becouse the Canadian trucking industry is moving to mandatory Elog at the end of the year.

about H&R, worked there to, not a bad company to start there, but its not fits to every one, if you keep your hed down, shut your mouth, and manage to get the PR quickly, its a good thing, but i know guys that stayed after the PR, and ones who at the same day that the PR arrived run like hell from there, it really depends on where you work, Calgary Lethbridge or Winnipeg, 3 diffrent locations . btw, H&R runs Cali to, so there is no way to avoid it at this part of Canada,

if you are looking for somthing else, i heard that Seafood express hiring, they have a circle route Nova-scotia - NY- GTA and back, the pay is low, but on the other hand you home every weekend.

really its depends on you and what you looking for.

Lots to think about, H&R aren’t taking at the mo, bison seems interested too, plenty on the east coast but they seem to be on a different scheme, so many schemes so confusing, so far I’ve meant to have had 2 interviews with ATT but each time she’s been ill so not getting anywhere fast