Emigrate to new zealand

Hi, a repeated question but as a lot of posts are quite old just wandering if any one knows of any current employers in nz looking to recruit from uk at moment, I have uk class 1 =nz class 5 looking to move with wife and 2 kids, any info appreciated.

Truck driver was taken off the skills shortage list a couple of years ago. There are some temporary opportunities in the Canterbury area rebuilding after the earthquakes, but I heard recently that even these are drying up as the rebuild is well underway and they don’t need more drivers. They changed the visa requirements to have a minimum of x years driving trucks in NZ, making it possible for existing drivers to renew, but not for new drivers to come in.

They don’t want us, it seems, and they are following Australia in further tightening their visa requirements for skilled workers.

ORC is correct as the ocupation was removed from the OSS list a while ago.
Not the end of the dream, however it would depend on your Mrs.
If she is a qualified nurse or a teacher and can work full time, your golden as she could be the principle on visa application
Find the occupational skills shortage list on the NZIS web site to see if there is anything else you could do, builders are in short supply and a digger driver with a HT licence would be be a big plus. Then after 2 years, you are free to do what you want.
Also you may have to consider that your UK licence (for trucks) is no good here so you will have to resit your test. It was 15 years ago when I emigrated with a full bike, car & C+E and I could only transfer my car licence (after a writen and eye test), anything else, you have to start from scratch.

Best of luck.