Crap pay :(

Very early on Wednesday morning I stopped for fuel at a small fuel stop near Albany and as I was there a guy I know pulled in with one trailer behind him, he chatted to me and I followed him to the interstate, where he pulled into a doubles compound and reversed up to another trailer, obviously to make up a set of doubles to take either towards Buffalo or down to NYC, I got to thinking that this guy had already been at work for about 90 minutes or more, he had taken his first trailer to the compound, dropped it then gone back for the second one, the entire process would take about 2 hours as he gets paid by the mile that is basically 2 hours unpaid, then he has to set out, I discovered that the second trailer is only paid at less than half the rate of the first trailer :open_mouth:

Why on earth do people do this ? I am willing to bet the company concerned didn’t charge the customer less than half for that second load.
How lucky I am to work for a company that actually cares about it’s drivers :smiley: