Being sick.

I have recently discovered that I have a rare blood cancer, I am not looking for any sympathy, I am just trying to point out the ignorance of some people, people who actually think cancer is catching FFS.
Apart from the ignorant, there are the true friends who have given me support only to have bigger problems themselves, people like ‘Bruce’ a friend of mine who left the company to become a long haul O/O, he and I have kept since he left byway of Facebook etc and we have exchanged insults in fun, usually referring to either of us being born out of wedlock LOL.
During the night Bruce sadly died of a heart attack in the sleeper of his much loved Western Star somewhere in Texas :frowning:
RIP Bruce my old friend.

Sad to hear about your pal Pat.

Best wishes in your battle with the horrible disease.

Pat Hasler:
I have recently discovered that I have a rare blood cancer

Bloody hell, Pat, you’ve dropped a bomb shell there. I don’t know what to say apart from that I sincerely hope that you pull through and come out on top.

Thanks Mate :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that of you and your friend Pat.

Live life for all you can enjoy what you have and don’t have any regrets

There’s one thing for sure in this cruel life we all know it’s going to end at some point, unfortunately som young and some really old.
Keep well fella

I’m sorry to hear this Pat, hope all goes well for you. At least you’ll get the best care over here !

(There, that should get him going :wink: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Good care yes, I can’t pay for it though :frowning: I am getting the very best, I suspect because it is so rare that hardly anyone in the hospital has ever heard of my problem before. ‘Waldenstroms’ as it is officially known is so unusual that the staff actually ask me what it is ? I actually believe they are so bewildered by it they have yet to issue any fees.
Fridays are the worst for me, Fridays are chemo days, Foodliner get me home by noon to make sure I don’t miss the appointments.

What are the financial implications of this for you mate? Does your health insurance via Foodliner not cover it?

Pat Hasler:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:
Good care yes, I can’t pay for it though :frowning: I am getting the very best, I suspect because it is so rare that hardly anyone in the hospital has ever heard of my problem before. ‘Waldenstroms’ as it is officially known is so unusual that the staff actually ask me what it is ? I actually believe they are so bewildered by it they have yet to issue any fees.
Fridays are the worst for me, Fridays are chemo days, Foodliner get me home by noon to make sure I don’t miss the appointments.

Some people will do anything for an early finish Friday ! :smiley:
Seriously Pat, sorry to hear about your problems. It seems to be one of the less aggressive cancers, so you`ve gotta take a positive attitude to it. Not where you want to be I know, but with treatment the outlook is often good it seems.

Thanks for the kind thoughts mate. This weekend is particularly rough as it happens, I had an IV bag of Rituxcin as well as the Velcade stuff, also they inject me with Benadryl, the later of which has a nasty effect on me, it’s nothing to do with the illness, it’s just to stop me rejecting everything else. Benadryl stops me from peeing and so I have had a really bad night. I have to work tonight so I am not happy :frowning:

Pat Hasler:
Thanks for the kind thoughts mate. This weekend is particularly rough as it happens, I had an IV bag of Rituxcin as well as the Velcade stuff, also they inject me with Benadryl, the later of which has a nasty effect on me, it’s nothing to do with the illness, it’s just to stop me rejecting everything else. Benadryl stops me from peeing and so I have had a really bad night. I have to work tonight so I am not happy :frowning:

I know the drugs used are, of necessity, very aggressive with some side effects which vary according to the individual. Ive a little second hand knowledge only, but am sure Id go for all the treatment out there. The bad side effects will be a memory one day.

Hi Pat.Sorry about your illness.Is there not a system in Place whereby you can take time off while you have treatment,it seems hard that you have to continue working whilst ‘‘long term sick’’ and not hundred percent.Doesn’t the co\private ins cover ‘‘time out’’ for Medical treatment.
How is the ‘‘Donald’’ likely to affect people like you.

Oh you’ve done it now Mike!

I’ve just been subjected to 6 months of daily anti Trump propaganda from Pat.

Oh,i’ll have to backpedal a bit now then by saying all polititians are liars and thieves.My question was more in relation to the Health care situation and Changes for ‘‘long term sick’’ people.

newmercman:
Oh you’ve done it now Mike!

I’ve just been subjected to 6 months of daily anti Trump propaganda from Pat.

Trump will either be impeached for treason within 6 months or we will all be dead. :laughing:

hi pat sorry about your friend m8 happened to a old boss of mine few yrs back . he was in truckpark down in lloret de mar very sad . remember me ol m8 where your from and fight on wish u all the best of luck with your struggle from your friend in northampton /and t.a truckstop lol :smiley:

stevejones:
hi pat sorry about your friend m8 happened to a old boss of mine few yrs back . he was in truckpark down in lloret de mar very sad . remember me ol m8 where your from and fight on wish u all the best of luck with your struggle from your friend in northampton /and t.a truckstop lol :smiley:

Thank you my friend.

Sorry to hear about your illness Pat, hope it all works out for you.

HI Pat. Sorry to hear you are not well. Lets hope the chemo takes care of the cancer. My daughter went through chemo and its twelve months since her last treatment. It does work, so stay strong.
Regards Paul

Thanks for the concern folks …
Update ! … Last Tuesday I felt particularly weak after loosing lots of blood Sunday night through to that morning, I got home and my wife called the doctor to ask if I could see him on Friday, he seemed very concerned because he had been looking at my IgM levels and they were in the 6k’s :open_mouth: He told me to go straight to the hospital for admission. More dam time off work then :angry:
I was admitted and the surgically put a catheter down my jugular to my heart, hooked me to a machine that removed my blood, took out the plasma and returned it with a filling agent. In my room that night I received a unit of blood and the Wednesday morning the process was repeated followed by more blood and removal of the catheter which was a worse feeling than when it was put in. I felt much better and had just a velcade shot on Saturday when they removed the plug from my jugular.
Feeling pretty good at the moment :smiley: