new techno

All our trucks are loaded with this crap , smart cruise , blind side alarm , collision alert , cameras , every speed limit pre programmed into peoplenet etc etc and more , none of which seems to work as intended . Yesterday I smoked a rather large buck deer , moose bar took most of the impact but I was instructed to have the truck checked over at the dealer , only damage was a headlamp bezel($51 ) and the Bendix radar , wait for it , $3300 for the eye then another $880 for the harness(plug). Someones taking it royally , I rather envy Chris Arbon in his "98 W900 .

FTTM, what does the speed limited pre-programmed into peoplenet do ?
Sorry, not heard of that before.
I just got a new basic Cascadia with none of the above gizmo’s on it, though I might put a dash-cam in myself.

I wish I had a moose bar but none of the rest.

ChrisArbon:
I wish I had a moose bar but none of the rest.

We got a 2014 Prostar that was suppose to have had a moose bar fitted 2mths ago but the boss was umming and aahing about the price $2,500.
In the last 2 weeks, it’s hit 2 deer and caused $15,000 worth of damage between them.

neilg14:
I just got a new basic Cascadia with none of the above gizmo’s on it, though I might put a dash-cam in myself.

Hi Neil , it works off the GPS in Peoplenet , 2km over any posted speed limit and the truck is flagged , gathered info is downloaded every morning at HO and it’s the naughty step for any culprits . It also works with the roll stability sensor , which if triggered will post up curve and road speeds too . The systems are very accurate ,but the radar eye picks up heavy rain and snow also so during a storm it’s constantly flashing red , flashing “collision alert” and beeping like crazy .

Ours send a message to HQ if we go more than 5 mph over the limit for whatever stretch of road we are on, if it is for more than a mile, I have let it go downhill at 75mph with no reaction.

flat to the mat:

neilg14:

Hi Neil , it works off the GPS in Peoplenet , 2km over any posted speed limit and the truck is flagged , gathered info is downloaded every morning at HO and it’s the naughty step for any culprits . It also works with the roll stability sensor , which if triggered will post up curve and road speeds too . The systems are very accurate ,but the radar eye picks up heavy rain and snow also so during a storm it’s constantly flashing red , flashing “collision alert” and beeping like crazy .

■■■■ that, all that would drive me mental.
If you had all those gizmo’s, elog and on mileage pay, it’d be time to pack the job in.
I, thankfully, am on local, so no logbook and hourly pay.
I don’t think I could do long haul no more, with elogs, speed limiters etc.

^^^^^ yeah talk about distracted driving with all these alarm bells going off :unamused: I work regional 4 and 4 which is just about enough before my head explodes :laughing:

neilg14:

Peoplenet do not program the limits on your device, your company set everything up to suit them, I found this out very early when we got it because of the changes made to ours.

Pat Hasler:

neilg14:

Peoplenet do not program the limits on your device, your company set everything up to suit them, I found this out very early when we got it because of the changes made to ours.

My boss wouldn’t have all that crap fitted as long as he’s got a hole in his ■■■.