Medical checks.

If you don’t feel well and it continues go seethe Doctor FFS.
For quite some time I have had a kidney stone issue, each time a stone moves I loose blood, this is quite common or so I am told. The kidney stones are my own fault because I have let myself get dehydrated, I drink some coffee but then nothing else. we are supposed to have a water or juice intake of 6 to 8 pints a day, at weekends I would get up on a Saturday and drink a few coffee’s then unless I had a couple of beers I would have nothing, beer does nothing other than dehydrate you even more.
That aside I felt increasingly weak by last Friday and a few insisted I see the Doctor. At the Doctors they took a blood sample and other stuff. On Saturday night we got a call from a blood centre in Vermont telling me to go to the nearest ER because my blood level was critical, I was given 3 pints of blood over 24 hours. I was told that if I had not gone I would be dead within a couple of days… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
If you feel bad don’t ignore it.

Lucky you Pat , I had a similar problem , but not so severe . The stone made its way into my bladder and as nature took it’s course exited at supersonic speed . Ye gods i though someone had put jump leads on the little chap and the stone ricocheted round the pan like an exocet . I smile about it now , but wouldn’t want it again . Dave

rigsby:
Lucky you Pat , I had a similar problem , but not so severe . The stone made its way into my bladder and as nature took it’s course exited at supersonic speed . Ye gods i though someone had put jump leads on the little chap and the stone ricocheted round the pan like an exocet . I smile about it now , but wouldn’t want it again . Dave

Yep, imagine having that every few weeks ?

I hope you get over it and manage to stop it happening again Pat. I know blood in the urine is a common problem for drivers due to the constant jarring of the kidneys caused by hours of bumpy roads. A couple a years ago, I had a scare when the doctor at my three-year drivers medical found blood in my pee and sent me for a whole load of prostrate cancer checks. Prostrate cancer is bad but the checks they do are horrendous; especially the one they call “Sending in the camera crew.” The rate of cancer for those with blood in urine is about 1 in 7, so I was quite concerned at the time.

One of the doctors did a prostate check on me while I was in the hospital. The real problem is that they have discovered something far more serious, looks like I may need treatment for the rest of my life :frowning: