NZ Earthquakes

Think this poor sod might be struggling to catch the boat at Picton or make it home to Christchurch. Taken near Kaikoura on State Highway 1 in NZ. Been on that road a few times myself in the early hours of the morning and it was challenging enough without the need for any extra obstacles.

NZ doesn’t deserve this, probably the nicest people I have met on all my travels.

Looks like the M6, between the M5 split, just after they fixed it (allegedly [emoji57])

Got an old flame living in Blenhiem. Spoke to her yesterday roads closed down etc their still getting after shocks

If he takes it steady he will make that…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My cousin and his missus live near Christchurch, each time a quake happens he tells me, it can be quite worrying.

Sorry fellas, been away from this forum for awhile…

That Kaikoura earthquake was not fun one to experience… …majority of quakes I’ve experienced here have been quite sharp and above all, lasted only max. 15-20sec. Well, that one, reckon it was close to 2minutes…

My missus woke up at first (this was early hrs of morning) and was telling me to wake up. Initially was thinking ‘just another quake’ but then it just kept rocking and wobbling and thought ‘■■■■, better get up’. It was just a shallow rocking but it lasted and lasted and lasted and lasted… At the time we had a Chinese student staying with us, had never experienced earthquake, he was quite shaken to say the least…

SH1 north from Kaikoura is still f***ed, inland route to there is open thou. All the trucks have to via via Lewis pass to ferry, think someone told me that now it takes roughly 8hrs from Christchurch to Picton when it used to be 4.5-5hrs… Presumably SH1 could be accessible sometime this year but railroad is completely munted, reckon trains won’t operating for couple of yrs…

Since the Quake in Kaikoura employers are really pushing the limits of their drivers along the alternative route, unfortunately some are pushing to hard and accidents are common place at the moment. There are also some drivers blatantly breaking the speed limits and legal hours off their own back and putting other, more sensible drivers lives at risk. NZ south island is a hard place to be a driver right now and I personally refuse to do the Picton or Culverden run.

Couldn’t agree more with the above… …nowadays driving that route almost every week, mainly heading to Nelson but at times to Marlborough as well. It’s turned into bloody race track lately and ridiculous corner cutting and passing to be witnessed every day…