Fault light ?

2.5 years with this truck and no problems … Until now :angry:
A couple a weeks ago as I travelled northbound on I-91 in VT the orange engine issue light came on, first time since getting the truck from new. I pulled up and went into diagnostics to find it had a ‘Air intake problem’ listed. popped the hood checked the air filter and called the workshops to give them the code, they called back within minutes to say it was a turbo problem and get into the shop next day. This made no difference to the power or anything else, I delivered Ben and Jerry’s, went home and next day ran down to the shop in Albany. Computer connected to the truck and no issues found and the dam light went out. In a different issue the kid who then decided to change my fuel filters broke the check valve in one of them and put my truck off the road for a week. Last Thursday I got it back and everything was running great.
This morning in exactly the same spot in VT on exactly the same run and almost the same time the dam light came on again, I stopped, checked the diagnostics and again it said ‘Air intake problems’ but 30 minutes later at a truck stop it said no faults. One hour later with the light still on it again said it had the original fault. On arrival at home I checked once more … No dam faults. I have called the shop again and they want me there in the morning… To find no dam fault :angry:

So as it happens I called into the shop and they put the computer on it, I told them about the ‘Air intake fault’ message and showed them how loose the air filter was the light had by now gone out. “You have a problem with the turbo waste gate” said the mechanic but I will tighten the air filter anyway, drive it as normal and let me know if the light comes on again and we will send you to the nearest dealer… I have done 1800 miles since then and the light has not come on :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
So as it happens I called into the shop and they put the computer on it, I told them about the ‘Air intake fault’ message and showed them how loose the air filter was the light had by now gone out. “You have a problem with the turbo waste gate” said the mechanic but I will tighten the air filter anyway, drive it as normal and let me know if the light comes on again and we will send you to the nearest dealer… I have done 1800 miles since then and the light has not come on :smiley:

well, stuff a stote, pat.

Crack in the loom pat faulty sensor.

boycie49:

Pat Hasler:

well, stuff a stote, pat.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Is that you Mick ? You tart.

nick2008:

Went back in on Wednesday and it went on the computer, again it showed ‘Turbocharger waste gate faulty’
“It’s showing no effect so when you get an available time let us know and we will book you into the dealer” Said the shop boss.
Off I set back down to NYC and then down to Winchester VA. I stopped for coffee in Clinton NJ and when I came out the light had gone out and no faults showing, so sod it. I have since gone down there, back to NYC and now up to my house with no show of the light :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

nick2008:

Went back in on Wednesday and it went on the computer, again it showed ‘Turbocharger waste gate faulty’
“It’s showing no effect so when you get an available time let us know and we will book you into the dealer” Said the shop boss.
Off I set back down to NYC and then down to Winchester VA. I stopped for coffee in Clinton NJ and when I came out the light had gone out and no faults showing, so sod it. I have since gone down there, back to NYC and now up to my house with no show of the light :laughing:

Pmsl
On a Volvo I had , it kept flagging faults then clearing everything.
A few times I would be stationary at the gate and the speedo was showing 80mph, they couldn’t find anything and insisted I was making it up , phone Video works wonders