Stupidest driver on the planet

It’s now official, we have the worlds stupidest driver at Yonkers terminal.
I think I have mentioned this guy a few times as being back stabbing creep. This man is as stupid as anyone could imagine, he started with us about 18 months ago, he has caused trouble since starting and has said he wanted a new truck, believe me, he wasn’t going to get one. So this guy gets the idea of buying a new truck to get round the problem. The man had a large windfall of some sort amounting to over $800k and decided to pay cash for a new one, $138K. How could the company who also own many Freightliner dealerships turn down a cash truck sale ? … They can’t, they are a truck dealership, they are there to sell trucks.
So it is arranged that he should fly to Dubuque via Chicago, go to the dealership, buy the truck and go straight to the company next door for plates, permits, ezpass etc, what does he do ? He goes to the airport and has no ticket, he calls our manager and says he doesn’t know what plane to get on ?
“What does your ticket say ?”
“I don’t have a ticket, don’t worry I will get a Greyhound bus”
The boss then tells him he needs to get a [zb] ticket and get on a dam plane. Eventually he gets the flight sorted with the help of the manager, he flies to Dubuque via Chicago, goes to the dealership, gets the truck and drives back to Yonkers, the trip back takes him 2 days and he appears in the Yonkers yard yesterday and says “Hey Pat, I got my new truck, you wanna look around it ?”
“Yeah sure” I say and wander over, I look around and go to open the door.
“You can’t look inside” he says :laughing:
I notice the truck has no plates and ask him why ? He is dumbstruck :laughing: “I wasn’t given any” He replied, “I collected the truck and paid the cash, I said is that everything ? the sales guy said yep so I left”
Now how in heavens name did this fool drive a truck with no plates, no permits, no ezpass, nothing, he didn’t go next door to the company fro fuel cards or anything. Now he has to wait a week before the truck can be on the road.
How on earth did this twonk not get stopped by the DOT.

I found out yesterday he got a one month suspension … They may as well say, you have bought it, take it and work elsewhere.

I helped dig a f/liner owner driver out of the snow last week. Don’t think it was your mate. What’s the latest on his story?

He still thinks the sun shines out of my rear end :laughing:
I was in a customers unloading along side him last week, he saw I had an old trailer and he had a new one, he was empty before me and actually went to the nearest truck stop, found a spot and held it for me, dropped the new trailer and hooked to my old one, leaving me in that spot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: