Nothing to do with trucks, an engine question?

It must be at least 16 years since I did any small job on a car engine and yesterday as we were out and about in the wife’s Jeep Wrangler I notice a distinct occasional misfire, not fuel but from the fact of how it was behaving I figure it was a small spark plug or distributor problem, now it’s not the first Wrangler she has owned but the previous one was an older model, spark plugs and HT leads from a distributor. I went to the nearest car spares shop this morning and bought a set of 6 new plugs, came home and opened the hood (Bonnet) to find no distributor anywhere in sight and no HT leads ? Worse than that … no visible plugs either LOL. I did a bit of research to find out it has no leads, just a long metal block which bolts to the cylinder head that connects to all 6 plugs, I must be out of touch LOL … I removed the afore mentioned object, hanged the plugs and everything is hunky dory.
Since when have vehicles had no visible distributors or plug leads ? :smiley:

Coil packs on most engines now from what I’m led to believe, I know on the Hemi engine you can change individual ones but some engines have really pricey bills when you need to replace them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk