My "new" steed for the year

Mack CH 1998 (again…lol) 460hp 18spd .Working for a contractor on a seal coating (chipping) contact for Manitoba highways s all over central(started on hwy 2),now hwy16 (birtle) and northern MB(north o Thompson) finishing off in the south east corner at killarney in October. Camp job unlike MB highways we don’t have cooks and make our own meals,2 weeks out at a time 2nd youngest on crew at 56yrs old :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ahhh well back on a chipping crew after starting on one in a tipper in 81…life is strange to say the least!! jimmy.

[attachment=1]PICT0017 (1).JPG[/attachment if anyone is interested I will show pics of my job…ie reverse onto chipper ,and bar hooks on and I’m dragged at 7mph backwards raisng body then repeat all day (unless it looks like rain then sit until timed out on side o road .) :smiley: tail gate switch,pto, and up/down right at hand next to my seat.

Nice, not seen a pto like that for some time [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.35 am at glenboro hwy2 first up for the spreader. the eagle eyed might notice 8 stud outfit and the gladhands behind the cab. The sister motor to this one is being driven by its original driver when new at Pauls hauling 16yrs ago,the driver is long retired and wanted a wee job to get him out o the care home :open_mouth: near cried when he saw the old fleet #,

bossmans daily driver . as nice inside as out.

a bit o overlapping as only 8 motors on job. gives ye an idea . :sunglasses: :laughing: my buggy the only yin wae fog lights

Manitoba highways new oil distributer …all computerised ,not so much a drivers job but computer tech job.
new spreader as well . photos taken up by the sk border in the town of Benito MB hwy 83.(near swan river)

on the spreader today ,waiting for a weather report(tornados were talked about) before tipping and finished for the day.

Stop teasing drunk UK tipper drivers…
You… evil… immigrant…

aye on the beer as well …immigrant :laughing: the “native metis” drivers on the job call me worse hehe.

well weekly update .left camera in camper duh :blush: :blush: .kin weather forecast for the next few days is terrible then again at weekend ,severe thunderstorms for Monday &Tuesday even tonight when I get up to camp (5/6 hr drive depending on police about lol)its severe thunderstorms wae chance o tornadoes (great when in a camper)…at least I wont get followed/stalked by a black bear like the chain man marking out the road way ahead o us last Tuesday was lucky a car saw he was in trouble and stopped to let him in. :unamused: anyway a couple o weeks left at site before another camp move even further north and unfortunately black fly,pine beetle country,not forgetting the bears coming intae camp at least the ticks have died down a bit they seemed to like Scottish blood …nothing like having ticks burrowing intae places you cant reach and ye have tae ask another big burly driver tae get the tweasers tae dig then out :blush: :unamused: hehe

well two weeks out and back home to tidy up after a wee 100kph wind went through the village,the tornado missed us though…any way sorry for the heat haze on the photos was up in low 30cs ist photo is o jordie our road foreman.

Propper gear box there :wink:

auld jack 68yrs young inspecting the end result of what happens in "indian " country when you tool the wrong bird…shotgun to the front and bullet holes through the windscreen of the pickup. :open_mouth: .

Jimmy stop poncing around up there and get yourself down to the Winnipeg perimeter, it’s falling apart, I’ve driven gravel roads that are ten times smoother ffs

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

but NMM I’m attached to the western ops crew

,the "Winnipeg crew "are doing a fine job at altona :unamused: :unamused: I’m sure once the $210K distributer is rebodied and the driver remembers to use his mirrors when reversing they will do a fine job :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: allegedly of course !

one o the wheeled rollers that follow us(“apache” is the operator) …and rocket Ron in his sweeper (petrol powered V6 ) can move at about 50mph not sweeping though ,■■■■ thing to pass…lol

I love that blue R-series. Looks in good nick. Must be a 350 from about 1988 with those twin exit pipes from the air cleaner?

yup a 350 but don’t know year but will ask as nice inside as out …only boss or foreman allowed to drive it.

A 350 and a 89
:smiley: