Will my licence be vaild?

In 2013 I moved to Alberta canada, passed all my tests and worked for 2 years doing long haul. 2015 I moved back to the UK and got my UK licence back. If I went back to Canada in say 5 years, when I swapped my UK licence for a Canadian one would my truck entitlement still be on it or would I have to start all over again ?

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing you couldn’t just get it straight back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not being too clear here .

Did you have a UK licence before going to CN and what entitlements did you have.

You took your HGV entitlements (conversion ) in CN .

So are you asking when you go back to CN will your CN licences still be valid ?

nick2008:
Your not being too clear here .

Did you have a UK licence before going to CN and what entitlements did you have. Yes. Passed my UK class 1 in 2003

You took your HGV entitlements (conversion ) in CN . Yes

So are you asking when you go back to CN will your CN licences still be valid ? Yes (IF I was to go back)

ok speaking for MB not AB…I know someone that left Canada went back to driving in the uk sent away for his old uk class 1 and after a few years has came back to MB and all he did was pass a medical in mb (kept a copy of mb class 1A licence )pay the money,photo was in and out in 15mins. but knowing that every province is different who knows?.. best bet is contact service AB and ask

Thanks jimbo47

I’m lead to believe that here in New Brunswick, a class one entitlement expires two years after you fail to renew your license after the expiry date on the license, ie when you need to do your medical etc. So for example if my license runs out on the 15th of June 2016 and I didn’t complete the medical or wasn’t even in Canada such as yourself, you’d totally lose the entitlement on 15th of June 2018, but any time within the two years you complete and submit the forms and medical you can have it renewed. Very different to the UK where once an entitlement is awarded, it never expires as such and your license merely remains dormant for 10/20/40 years etc until you submit the necessary forms and medicals and its re-issued in its entirety.

Your UK license has no bearing on it whatsoever as vocational entitlements do not have any sort of bi-reciprocal agreement. If Alberta is the same as NB, once you lose the entitlement you’d have to retake the test to have it reinstated. This may well differ widely between provinces.

Was in my local MPI office today and found out that in MB … 4yrs and 1 day after your licence expired a resit is required for classes 1,2,3,4.