New Zealand jobs

In August I am going to New Zealand on a working holiday visa. I have already checked out how to change my UK class 2 to a New Zealand licence. Does anyone know if any employer would take me on as a driver with the type of visa I am on? I am currently in Australia and no haulage company would take me as they don’t recruit people on a working holiday visa. The only driving job I could get here was driving a van for a dry cleaners for cash in hand. Just wondering if New Zealand is the same and if anyone has any experience of this. Cheers!

WHV worked out just fine for me… Rolled up on an industrial estate outside Christchurch and started asking around. NZ is a lot easier than AUS in terms of immigration and driving licence issues.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79277&p=1089902&hilit=Kaikoura#p1089902

Thanks for your help mate. Hopefully get some decent work in NZ then!

Mharkins91:
Thanks for your help mate. Hopefully get some decent work in NZ then!

I lived there for 8 yrs…Swopping the licence is easy ish , the job is not impossible , where are you going and when ? I still know a few lads.

Flying into Auckland at the end of August. If I don’t find a job there within a month I’ll probably move somewhere else though.

Mharkins91:
Flying into Auckland at the end of August. If I don’t find a job there within a month I’ll probably move somewhere else though.

Check out a company called Carr And Haslam in Mount Wellington just south of Auckand its a car trasporting company I worked for them 10yrs ago when I was out there and I know they are still on the go, good company to work for MDs name is Chris Carr.
Good luck.

If I understand this correcty then they have put Truck Driver on “the list” in some areas now…?
skillshortages.immigration.govt. … r-general/

And even rigid…

Truck Drivers, Scaffolders and Plant operators…
y-axis.com/news/new-zealand … operators/

Bidvest slave driver jobs available in New zealand… :smiley:
bidvest.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/ad/c … ver/23198/