So what's it like trucking in Canada?

I had a quick look at the YouTube videos, hmmmm, I’m not seeing anything that tells me what trucking in Canada is all about tbh. Now I don’t mean to appear negative, but I do have some comments which I thought would be better on here, rather than on your YouTube channel.

First I would like to say that it’s good that you make the videos in the first place, I’ve done a few myself and I’ve promoted them on here, I’m pretty sure that they weren’t to everyone’s taste, but hey ho, c’est la vie and all that.

However a couple of things had me shaking my head, in the Highway to hell video, the statement about the loss of traction as you crest a hill, or words to that effect is the one that stood out the most to me, in a rally car maybe, but in a Freightliner Cascadia? Really! It was all a bit Ice Road Truckers in my mind and there wasn’t anything useful about it, not a bad video, but if you’re going to promote it as guide to winter driving, well, you need to adopt a different approach.

Secondly the test drive of the ProStar, seriously do not buy that truck! Not unless you have a fetish that involves driver waiting rooms at International dealers, they are a terrible truck, possibly the most unreliable on the market right now and that one in particular was only any good as a regional tractor unit on flatbed or tippers, it had no aerodynamic package, the fuel tanks under the doors mean you’ll never be able to fill them at gross weight or your front axle will be overweight, the XDN2 drive tyres are not what you want for long haul (they’re a good tyre, don’t get me wrong, I have them on my trucks, but I need the traction, so I can accept the mpg losses they give over a good OTR tyre) Also you mentioned going from 18lo into 18hi, don’t quite know how you managed that as an 18spd Fuller only has 18 gears in total.

I hope you find some positive feedback in my comments, my aim is to help you improve the accuracy of the videos, it may seem pedantic, but hey ho, c’est la vie and all that. As to buying a truck, or god forbid leasing one through your firm, I would be happy to give you advice on that, so if you PM me, I will give you my number and you can give me a bell. I’m not saying I know all the answers, not at all, but a little help is better than no help at all.