Heavy Equipment Operators - Canada

Question to someone in Canada who might know…

Since HGV driver immigration to canada is now so hard, could it be possible - easier to get in there as Heavy Equipment Operators ?

We are talking about “360 excavator” or “Dozer” operators.

According to some “Google research” Heavy Machinery Operators are classified as High-wage and HGV drivers as Low-wage and apparently different categories on those LMIA lists, correct me if I’m wrong…?

Thanks,

With the downturn in the oil industry I very much doubt anybody will be looking for machine operators, there’s been 1000s laid off from the oil patch and many were from out of province, so it has affected the whole country, not just AB. Many have returned home and taken jobs in their province. It’s also going to be winter soon and construction all but stops as the ground freezes solid.

But good luck anyway, you may be lucky.

The first thing you need is a job-offer from a company that can get an LMIA and bring you to work in Canada. Most big mining operations recruit from Internet so there is no harm in sending in your Cv and persuading them that you are the man for the job. Try Newgold at Rainy River or if you are adventurous: Baffinland at Mary River. That one is iron ore from the north of Baffin Island in the Arctic Circle. Good luck.