NB: Ayr Motor Express LMIA revoked

Interesting:

esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_ … 1444078204

Revoked March 30, 2015

Rationale B. the employer or group of employers provided false, misleading or inaccurate information in the context of the request for that assessment

They may have told a little white lie about the cack wages they pay.

ye as do most of the bottom feeders on the east coast m8 they think they doing the driver big big favours to let them drive there trucks

What do they pay? I know years back they were trying to scam drivers with some kind of nonsense trainee wage but thats distant history as far as I know. From what I can gather these days its not that bad a job in the sense its very good miles, hardly any waiting etc, the main downside being that its either slip seating or if you get a dedicated truck, it’ll be used on your days off and that wears thin with most. The most common comment about that company is “Great money, hate the truck sharing”.

They’re only just down the road from me, less than 5 minutes drive but their old reputation has always prevented me from even inquiring, despite the good things I hear about them these days with regards good miles and little waiting.

The other issue there used to be the owner, who by all accounts was/is a bit “difficult” to get along with, but I believe he takes more of a back seat role these days with his son at the helm. Maybe someone on here works there and can give the full low down?

On their website, the rate quoted is Up To .46cpm, then underneath it says .38cpm/CA and .39/.41cpm/US.
This is better than offered before, I think it was .36cpm before and that training wage was .18cpm.
But no mention of training wage now.

It might not be a bad job there these days, especially in comparison to what their reputation used to be a few years ago. They advertise in the local press at being able to offer 3500 miles per week, which from talking to people who have worked there recently could well be true. Its obviously all dry van work, so none of the endless waiting around that goes with reefers, much of it is trailer swaps too.
I don’t know if I’d like slip seating or someone else using my truck on my time off meaning an almost complete de-kit of the cab in case things get abused or nicked.
If I was going to get my own truck, I would look in to putting it on with AYR as their mileage rate from what I’ve being told second hand is pretty much in line with the NB average, but with less waiting for loads etc. As for being a company driver, I don’t know, I’m sometimes tempted to call them or go in to see what the score is but that reputation just holds me back. We all know that recruiters and office staff will promise the earth and the reality at the coal face will be different and I’d hate to leave a pretty stable job doing mainly Mon-Fri at .42cpm for something that actually turned out to be as crap as their reputation suggests.

Thanks for the additional info - very interesting. I’m considering going for a PNP one day so clues here and there as to what it’s like is all grist to the mill. Cheers.