Alberta pr

if you get pnp how long is it until you can get pr so you have the choice of where to work and what sort of work as pnp is long haul only from what I can see.

From what I’m reading it sounds like you’re planning to go long haul until PR and then do something else as soon as you get landed permanent resident status.

And people wonder why it’s getting more difficult to get into Canada nowadays…

So right Newmercman that’s what 90% of the Eastern Europeans did and why it is so difficult now to get LMIAs our firm have started taking on Jamicans because it is easier to get them into the country.

Ex yorkie:
if you get pnp how long is it until you can get pr so you have the choice of where to work and what sort of work as pnp is long haul only from what I can see.

How long is a piece of string.

Ford5000:
So right Newmercman that’s what 90% of the Eastern Europeans did and why it is so difficult now to get LMIAs our firm have started taking on Jamicans because it is easier to get them into the country.

Still gotta go through the same process to get LMIA no matter where the person comes from

taffytrucker:

Ford5000:

Still gotta go through the same process to get LMIA no matter where the person comes from

It would probably be fair to say that Canada’s immigration policy suggests one thing on paper and another in reality.IE the definition of ‘same’ is obviously variable and has swung from ( rightly ) being biased in favour of ethnic Brits.To one of reverse descrimination based on political correctness and the protests of the whingeing ethnic Asian,African,East Euro groups.

pinoy-canada.com/articles/the-ex … imination/

In which case I’d reverse those protests in the link by saying that it seems strange as to how I was refused entry as a truck driver during the late 1980’s/early 90’s when applying from UK.But those from the Asian region seemed to have no problem getting in.IE you’d need to be naive to think that Canada doesn’t apply ethnic quotas behind the scenes.With us obviously losing our rightful preferred status since the 1960’s and the non ethnic Brit groups being only too keen to take advantage if/when they don’t think that things are going their way.With the inevitable result that the ‘Canadians’ are understandably pished off and want to kick all the immigrant labour out. :unamused:

Carryfast:
With the inevitable result that the ‘Canadians’ are understandably pished off and want to kick all the immigrant labour out. :unamused:

Hardly. The average Canadian, such as my wife and her family are ■■■■■■■■■ liberals and fully welcome multiculturalism with open arms. Its easy for them to do so though, as we live in New Brunswick and its practically 99% white and apart from recent truck driving arrivals, everybody who speaks English is of British Isle origin, others parts of Canada are much different these days obviously. Even the Canadians of British origin these days seem to have no knowledge whatsoever about the connection between Canada and Britain, its as if they think that white people independently evolved in Canada and just happened to have English, Scottish and Irish names quite by chance. Like British people in general they’re totally cut off from their own history, know nothing about it, don’t want to know anything about it but love being a willing spectator to multiculturalism while offering nothing of their own to the table. End result being anything ethnic minority related being promoted and celebrated and anything British origin related being firmly absent, just like in Britain itself.
Anyway, its irrelevant really, Canada won’t change, nor will Britain, not in the way we might like so unless you want to try and get a TWP and come to Canada now, there’s no point in going on about the 80s and how Canada could be different if they kicked out all the Asians and blacks.

The Chinese and Indians don’t come to Canada as TFW, they use the other methods such as family sponsorship. It’s only Europeans and Filipinos that come over as TFW. The drawbridge is up now in any case, so it’s largely irrelevant.

robinhood_1984:
Even the Canadians of British origin these days seem to have no knowledge whatsoever about the connection between Canada and Britain, its as if they think that white people independently evolved in Canada and just happened to have English, Scottish and Irish names quite by chance. Like British people in general they’re totally cut off from their own history, know nothing about it, don’t want to know anything about it but love being a willing spectator to multiculturalism while offering nothing of their own to the table. End result being anything ethnic minority related being promoted and celebrated and anything British origin related being firmly absent, just like in Britain itself.

:open_mouth: :frowning:

A type of ethnic suicide.Which at least would explain a reverse discriminatory immigration regime which I’m calling as having stopped me then just as it probably applies now.

Sorry CF I lost interest after probably