Alberta pnp

Thinking of moving to Canada with the family currently tramp away all week on car transporters but we want to be near the ski resorts in jasper and others in BC. That’s why Alberta any info where and how and general info on life their would be grate :slight_smile:

An uphill (pardon the slight pun) task at the moment. LMIA’s that are needed to obtain a Temporary Work Permit are either impossible to get or at least very hard. Alberta in and of itself is also one of the harder, if not the hardest province to see the process through in as well due to the way their system works and the lengthy wait times.
Anywhere in Canada is going to be extremely difficult for the foreseeable future but I’d guess Alberta would top the list.

Having said all that, I’m not in Alberta so perhaps those that are could better inform you. I can only offer my casual observations from the other end of the country I’m afraid.

Yep, what Robinhood said, I’ve only heard of 2 drivers that got LMIA’s in the past year here in AB, one was Westcan Calgary and he said that was the only one they could get 2014/2015 and the other one to a small flatdeck Co in Edmonton, again they only had one.
I saw 2 mates yesterday that work for H&R and they said 44 drivers there, had to return home, don’t know if it was lack of new LMIA’s or their 4yrs was up and no PR in.
I saw one advertised in rural MB and another in NS, again one LMIA each but can’t recall the Co’s.
Lean times.

I know a couple of guys that have come over for H&R but their LMIA is for MB. Lmia for AB are like hens teeth atm and as said it’s just about the hardest province to get PR in. It’s a lot easier and quicker in MB and SK

AINP are, as from 27AUG, not accepting any more PR applications until 27JAN 2016

Saw this on a friend’s Facebook today.

Poxy phone, it never showed Neil’s post when I put that up!

Time scale is not a problem if you get pnp how long is it until you can get pr so you have the choice of where to work and what sort of work as pnp is long haul only from what I can see

Ex yorkie:
Time scale is not a problem if you get pnp how long is it until you can get pr so you have the choice of where to work and what sort of work as pnp is long haul only from what I can see

That’s the million dollar question. Could take 12 months could take 2 yrs

They say it should take 2 yrs from the time you land to getting PR so 6 months till sponsorship then 18 months in the system BUT take it with a punch of salt

Thanks taffy that’s great thought it may take 5 years but 2 is great :slight_smile: :smiley:

Ex yorkie:
Thanks taffy that’s great thought it may take 5 years but 2 is great :slight_smile: :smiley:

It won’t be great if your 12/24 months TWP expires before you get AINP and you are unable to obtain a second LMIA for another TWP. You’ll then be joining the others who are well documented in the media who’ve settled in Alberta, done it all by the book and then being asked to leave because you can’t make the lines join up in the process.

Gotta make sure your papers are up in NS before your permit runs out. As long you’re in the federal system you can apply for an extension

taffytrucker:
Gotta make sure your papers are up in NS before your permit runs out. As long you’re in the federal system you can apply for an extension

How far along is your PR Taff ?

neilg14:

taffytrucker:

Papers up at NS so sit and wait Neil. Fustrating

taffytrucker:

neilg14:

taffytrucker:

Papers up at NS so sit and wait Neil. Fustrating

Taff, yeah it is but at least you’re past the AINP, you’re on the downhill now.

taffytrucker:

Isn’t this the problem though? If you don’t get ANIP before your work permit expires and the company cannot obtain a further LMIA you’re not in the federal system yet. With the freeze on new applications till next year and the already very long back logs for those already in the queue, even those on a two year TWP must sometimes struggle to get AINP in time to be able to stay if subsequent LMIA’s are not forthcoming to bridge the gap.

robinhood_1984:

taffytrucker:

Isn’t this the problem though? If you don’t get ANIP before your work permit expires and the company cannot obtain a further LMIA you’re not in the federal system yet. With the freeze on new applications till next year and the already very long back logs for those already in the queue, even those on a two year TWP must sometimes struggle to get AINP in time to be able to stay if subsequent LMIA’s are not forthcoming to bridge the gap.

That’s right, AINP is currently taking between 15-24mths.
I wouldn’t advise anybody, especially families, to move lock, stock and barrel here to AB now, the chances are there’s a big possibility of running out of time before getting PR and having to return home.

What Neil just said lol

BUT if your company is in the process of applying for LMIA then you can stay Canada only until the decision is made. From what I been told. Still hell of a gamble

My workmate put his paperwork in January and got his AINP nomination last week, so it is doable.