Working in France

Is there someone that works in France on here that can help me with the following:

What’s the difference between a CMR and lettre de voiture?

When working what documents is it obligatory for the driver to carry (That’s for the driver and the truck) in France?

Thanks

No big difference between a CMR and a lettre de voiture. Both more or less show that the load came from x and is destined for y.

Documents to carry for driver.

Driving licence
DQC
Tacho card
ADR card if appropriate
ID card or passport, but generally the driving licence is sufficient
Any discs for the previous 28 days
Copy of work contract
Letter from employer covering working days (not sat/sun) not worked in last 28 days.

Documents for load/trailer

Insurance for tractor and trailer
Registration documents for both
ADR documents if appropriate
Certified copy of community licence (O licence)
Current calibration certificate for the Tacho
Certificate for the body mount

That’s all I can think of right now, if I recall anything else I will let you know.

Thank you.

Can you use a CMR for internal (to France) loads or is it CMR international and LV for internal?

Please can you explain

Certificate for the body mount ■■

I thought that carrying a letter for abscent day’s had been done away with,so please confirm,and what about payslips to prove you get the smic or more? Not that i have ever been asked for either.

Certificate for the body mount?

You have a base chassis, and mounted on that is a box or a flat bed with HIAB or a tipper or whatever. That comes with a certificate stating the regulations it meets.

Can’t really elaborate on the CMR question as only ever really used Lettre de Voiture. And if you are talking international, I have no idea, only ever worked within France.

WRT the question of whether a letter is still required from your employer covering non worked periods, I have heard it stated on this forum that this is no longer required, but despite extensive searches on official french sites, I have found nothing official.

As for payslips, I do carry them around, but only because I am a bit ■■■■ about such things, as a French based employee, with a French employment contract the question never really arises.

My last employer based near Bressuire in department 79 always gave me a slip after days off.

I left them in June so I would guess it’s still current.

I never carried a payslip or anything that said who I worked for. Perhaps I was lucky in that I never got stopped.