moving to canada

And that is why I made reference to your diaries and the part about not hating the job!

As for avoiding bad companies, often that is a luxury we don’t have. You can’t expect to jump off a plane and get a job for life kind of job, you have to get a few miles and some experience before you can even get through the gate of a company like that.

You seem to have taken this badly, that wasn’t my intention, you’ve been around here long enough to know that I make flippant remarks, so untwist your knickers and continue doing your thing.

Your version of Canadian trucking is as valid as anybody else’s and people do need to be aware of the downside as well as the upside, of which each of us have experienced.

In your case the work out in the Maritimes is less than desirable, but it’s a good place to live. In my case the work is much better, but living in the prairies is the downside, it’s either too cold, too hot, or there’s a tornado/thunderstorm/heat/windchill or blizzard warning and if it’s just right you get eaten alive by mosquitos or horse flies.

Living in Ontario may just be the answer to both of our problems, there seems to be a good balance of quality of life and decent jobs.