Lmia eastern canada companies

It seems a lot of drivers who frequent these forums all go west to companies out in
Ab /BC/Sk, what are the job prospects like in the East of the country and is there as of a driver demand , much freight to be moved south into the USA or is it more Canadian based and what routes are open…

I was looking at companies in New Brunswick midland transport run green and white trucks reefer any drivers here based in the east might like to shed a little light

hi chef ye i have lived in prince edward island 4 ten yrs on the east most of companies tell ya ye we run usa which they do but mostly what they call the triangle. which is just down to n,jersey .area tip reload upto toronto area tip reload then load back east . around 2600 miles mostly fridge work and schedules usually tight . midland do run further but usually double man . they are basically same reoutation as stobarts in uk. ones to run a mile from seafood express bulk carriers/ayr motor/donelly farms. basically m8 all east coast companies expect way to much from a guy im only still here because i like the island where i live and got my residency . if u thinking bringing family u gonna need a lump of money behind you i know lotta guys came over believed all they were told and went home broke . but gd luck whatever u decide .

10-4 on the triangle so I guess Florida or down to Georgia
Are out the question then, I would be coming out just myself if I can get an Lmia which I doubt very much by reading on other forums there very hard to get companies have to reduce there foreign workforce .

Thought you was over here already?

chef sauce:
10-4 on the triangle so I guess Florida or down to Georgia
Are out the question then, I would be coming out just myself if I can get an Lmia which I doubt very much by reading on other forums there very hard to get companies have to reduce there foreign workforce .

Quality Transportation in Jacksonville, NB near Woodstock. All dry van work so very little waiting around, most of it is long haul and over a period of time you’ll see more or less all lower 48 US states. I did about a year and a half there and enjoyed my time there for the most part and only moved on to be home more as I got married to a local girl. Stay well away from any company in the Maritimes pulling reefers. The red and white trucks are probably Eassons from Berwick, Nova Scotia. Midland are green and white and like Steve says, are the Maritime version of Stobarts, with everything by the book and a giant cucumber inserted you know where as they ponce around in their green compulsory uniforms.
I have no idea if you’d get an LMIA at the moment, but if Quality can’t get them, then no one can.

As mentioned in a couple of other threads, the few companies that have lmias are using them on drivers already here. Quality might well have a chance of them but you would probably need to be here with your license.
I have worked there a few years, its not triangle at all, well technically it is but pretty big triangles! But as Robinhood has mentioned, with the longer trips comes much less time at home. Suits me as I have no social life and my wife travels with me but once the novelty wears off its hard on a family man.

The bonus is that running the north eastern states you have a better chance of buying me breakfast LOL.
A few months ago when heading down I-95 in CT and looking for a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ I actually found one right next to Robinhood without having any idea he was there until I saw his Union Jack plate LOL.
It’s little supprises like that will brighten the day :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
The bonus is that running the north eastern states you have a better chance of buying me breakfast LOL.
A few months ago when heading down I-95 in CT and looking for a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ I actually found one right next to Robinhood without having any idea he was there until I saw his Union Jack plate LOL.
It’s little supprises like that will brighten the day :smiley:

And having to put up with some of the worst driving in the US lol on way back from Baltimore MD. Never again

taffytrucker:
And having to put up with some of the worst driving in the US lol on way back from Baltimore MD. Never again

Portland, Maine down to Richmond, Virginia is all just as bad. The eastern seaboard can be a miserable place to turn a wheel.

:slight_smile::):):):):slight_smile:

Canadiandry, it’s very bad form to lift someone’s post from another forum, in this case my post from “British Expats” modify it very slightly and post it here as if it is your own words, I suggest you modify it to state that it is has not come from you.

robinhood_1984:

taffytrucker:

Portland, Maine down to Richmond, Virginia is all just as bad. The eastern seaboard can be a miserable place to turn a wheel.

Was glad to get out of there