NYC drivers rant

So today I saw some pretty stupid driving here in the big apple…
Number one was a driver with an award stuck on his truck for ‘Champion driver’ who couldn’t back into a bay so he blocked the yard off in Dominos, soon after this came a guy with a 30 foot straight truck, who also couldn’t reverse and this was a straight truck FFS, he was told to park it and the reversed into the side of the previous truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Driving south on the Major Degan expressway, which is an interstate route I meet a lady reversing towards me, I slowly pull up behind her and sound the horn and she waves me by but I refuse to pull into the middle lane filled with fast moving traffic and sound the horn again but she just sits there with her reversing lights on, so stalemate… I get out and tell her she can’t just reverse the wrong way along an interstate but she insists she has missed her exit and wants to go back. I refuse and tell her that if she doesn’t move I will call the cops, after reconsidering the situation she pulls onto the shoulder :laughing:

You’ve been within 300 miles of NYC and thats all that happened to you today?!

Christ that’s nowt Pat I get that and more going less than half mile out of the house :wink:

Yep, sounds like California today!

On my way home in the car I’m in the right side of 2 turn lanes. The light goes green and the SUV in the left lane cuts right across me out of the turn. Not wanting to damage my nice newish car I hit the brakes and the horn.

When I get to the next light alongside him I get a mouthful of abuse from a (likely illegal) elderly driver eating a banana with one hand and giving me the finger with the other and telling me that I need to look where I am going and should learn to drive!

W.

Sounds like a normal day for you Pat.
Have missed a good Pat rant n ■■■■■

Sorry but I really loose patience with these ■■■■■■ double parking for no reason, even when next to an actual space, but it was the actual reversing down a major highway that got to me.