Expat right to vote in the UK election

If you have been out of the UK for under 15 years you may still be eligible to vote in the UK. You have to register and wait for the registration then vote by post or proxy. Takes a few minutes to register.

gov.uk/register-to-vote?utm … da_Link_Ad

Thanks for the link mate been looking for that :smiley:

That’s wrong if you move elsewhere why should you be able to vote in the UK.
The jocks had the right idea not letting all the clowns who moved elsewhere dictate to them

Well what if you are only living abroad temporarily for a month, 6 months or 2 years as many people do? even if it just happens to be for the month during the election? You surrender your right to vote? You lose your right to decide what happens to the country which you will be coming back to?

It seems that as long as you have been living outside the UK for under 15 years you still have the right to vote by post or proxy, personally I do think that is too long, if you are resettling in another country then you should no longer be able to vote in your country of origin, how this would be determined would presumably be by whether or not you have applied for PR there, if it’s only temporary then you should retain your right to vote at home.

It doesn’t really matter anyway, whichever box you tick you get the same result…

A bunch of puppets who couldn’t give a flying ■■■■ about anything but lining their own pockets from doing as they’re told by their puppet masters.

It seems I can’t register to vote, I went through 3 stages and then it said I have been off the electoral register for 15 years :frowning:

Why would you want to anyway …don’t know figures but it’s a a hell of a lot of uk citizens that don’t …I always do so I can be Mr angry …

Just googled and 2010 turnout uk election was 65.1per cent…

I don’t normally give a toss about the UK elections but this time I really want to vote for UKIP, I feel the British government need to see how much the people are against this ridiculous immigration stuff, letting scum in to scrounge of the benefits and letting radical Islamic filth in to my beloved home land.

Pat Hasler:
I don’t normally give a toss about the UK elections but this time I really want to vote for UKIP, I feel the British government need to see how much the people are against this ridiculous immigration stuff, letting scum in to scrounge of the benefits and letting radical Islamic filth in to my beloved home land.

I voted them last time.
Rather than not vote or make the vote invalid by spoiling it. It was a show of discontent with what the others were doing / saying.

I know ukip have not got much chance of a majority but we must get as many ukip seats in parliament as possible i have not voted for many years prob for the same reasons as the rest of you (they are all full of lies) but i intend to vote this time as i feel through ukip we have been given an alternative if we dont give them a go we will never know and i for one can not sit here moaning whilst the country go’s down the pan and also our childrens and granchildrens future.

The old ‘A vote for anyone other than Con or Lab is a wasted vote’ is so wrong, it’s time to get as many together as they can to vote UKIP and show the country, if they have the courage they can get this party in some sort of power or power sharing thing.

EASTKENT:
I know UKIP have not got much chance of a majority but we must get as many UKIP seats in parliament as possible I have not voted for many years prob for the same reasons as the rest of you (they are all full of lies) but I intend to vote this time as I feel through UKIP we have been given an alternative if we don’t give them a go we will never know and I for one can not sit here moaning whilst the country go’s down the pan and also our children’s and grandchildren’s future.

Its like I said, even if they don’t make a big dent you cant be blamed for electing any of the others in :grimacing: