One in a million chance

Last night I was heading towards NYC from a drop near Springfield MA, stopped at the blue beacon truck wash … waste of time as the truck is now dirty as ever, filled up in the dreaded Pilot and even though I didn’t have time to make NYC and there were aload of empty parking spots I decided to press on south to a decent service area. I pulled into the last one in CT, near Darien, had a scout around the back due to the twonks trying to reverse into spaces at least 3 trucks wide and found a blind side back in spot. Now as large as the North American continent is, including Canada, the chances of parking next to a fellow Brit, let alone a fellow Brit who is a member of this forum are very remote, but there you have it, I parked right next to Robinhood :laughing:
We went inside for drinks and a chat, nice to see you again mate :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
Last night I was heading towards NYC from a drop near Springfield MA, stopped at the blue beacon truck wash … waste of time as the truck is now dirty as ever, filled up in the dreaded Pilot and even though I didn’t have time to make NYC and there were aload of empty parking spots I decided to press on south to a decent service area. I pulled into the last one in CT, near Darien, had a scout around the back due to the twonks trying to reverse into spaces at least 3 trucks wide and found a blind side back in spot. Now as large as the North American continent is, including Canada, the chances of parking next to a fellow Brit, let alone a fellow Brit who is a member of this forum are very remote, but there you have it, I parked right next to Robinhood :laughing:
We went inside for drinks and a chat, nice to see you again mate :smiley:

Years ago my sister emigrated to South Africa. She’s working A&E in Johannesburg when she hears this welsh voice coming from the next cubical and there’s a fellow brit she trained with some 10 years earlier the both started within months of each other…

Nice meeting up with you again mate. Darien rest area is my regular stopping point when I can’t be bothered going through NYC and sitting in hours of traffic. I flew straight through the next morning down to the NJ Turnpike.

Yep, I saw you had long gone when I woke up next day, my load got cancelled and I went to get some breakfast, then just ran into NYC, I loaded a dry bulk trailer and ran it over to Fairlawn NJ. It was a waste of time getting my truck washed, especially the tanker as I dropped it and hooked to bulker.
Nice seeing you again :slight_smile: