Fuel prices

Just been reading a thread on UK forum.
What are you paying across Canada & US ?
Cheapest near me is 73.4 c/ltr at Costco in Okotoks

97.8 per litre in Woodstock, NB. That’s below the .99 per litre that it was when I arrived here in May 2009.

A month ago, I would of bet my left nut that I’d never see it below $1/ltr again.
I heard on CNN yesterday that in one city, missed the name of it, it’s down to $1-94/gallon which works out at just under $0.56/ltr CAD.

neilg14:
I heard on CNN yesterday that in one city, missed the name of it, it’s down to $1-94/gallon which works out at just under $0.56/ltr CAD.

Even more astonishing when you consider that that’s about 0.31 pence per litre!

Just moved out of Las Vegas to Pahrump NV, cheapest gas station here $1.93 Gallon :stuck_out_tongue:
I think the cheapest gas prices here in the States are in Oklahoma, found one station in Tulsa $1.49 :open_mouth:
http://www.oklahomagasprices.com/

Just went down to Fredericton, NB today and filled up at 87.9 per litre. It was 84.9 at the Costco but couldn’t be arsed queuing. Its still 97.9 in Woodstock but meant to be going down 2 cents tonight.

84.9ltr at our gas station in my wee village…co op cardlock in next village 83.9ltr for gas. :smiley:

It’s about 0.85ltr in lethbridge atm

Filled my half ton at 84.9c today , that’ll do nicely .

Costco Okotoks down to 71.4c now.
In High River cheapest is 77.4c.

Costco 68.9c.

Paying about 69c in Sacramento for premium. Makes me smile every time I fill up and think about what I used to pay in the UK :smiley:

81.9c a litre now at our wee one horse village pump.

We’re down to 90.9 in Woodstock, NB.

I filled up my pick up for $0.75 a litre yesterday in Winnipeg. 120litres for just over $90. Kerrrrching.

Oil patch workers not happy though people laid off all over the place.

newmercman:
I filled up my pick up for $0.75 a litre yesterday in Winnipeg. 120litres for just over $90. Kerrrrching.

$1.79 a gallon here in Pahrump NV now :smiley:
That’s about $0.47 a liter.
120 x 0.47 = $56.40

The Kraut:

newmercman:

$1.79 a gallon here in Pahrump NV now :smiley:
That’s about $0.47 a liter.
120 x 0.47 = $56.40

The three tanks I’ll use getting there will eat into the savings a bit though :laughing:

It jumped up by 10c per litre here in the city this week, its still cheap as ■■■■ though, I’ve been bathing in it & drinking it but only the odd going native niff of it.

There’s been plenty laid off in the oil world & there will be a knock on effect for the likes of Me, its oil & politics getting all involved which is a bad mix, I think it will be short lived Myself but who knows. Either way its a mild winter & I’ve been getting 7.5 imperial plus all winter so far on cheap as chips fuel so I’ll soldier on & ignore the oil workers who didn’t ask Me to share in there profits.

The more pressing concern for Me is the disparity between the Dollars, that’s a far greater worry to Me at the minute.

I read that the finance minister in Canada wants to keep it at 85c to the dollar as it’s good for trade.

It sort of makes sense as most of what the yanks import from Canada can be bought in the US, so it makes Canadian products competitive.

But as you know, every load exported has an import as a back load, those back loads are more expensive because of the exchange rate, but availability is the issue as often the product isn’t made in Canada.

I don’t get how the high cost of imports don’t balance out the extra sales through cheap exports, but I’m a lorry driver not a finance guru, however the cynic in me leans towards the rich getting richer, while us poor folk keep getting poorer.