Canadian jobs posted by France employment service

At the moment there are 3 offers of work in Canada posted on the France employment service website.
I don’t know if they are any good but i am sure somebody will say.
Go to www.pole-emploi.fr
Front page,at the top is a red box.Put in chauffeur routier,France entire,Tous,and click lancer la recherche.
Now you need to modify criteria on the right.Scroll down to lieu de travail and click modifier and choose continents,America and there you go.Leave everything else alone and scroll to the bottom of the page lancer la recherche.
Good luck.
Owen
{thanks Mark}

From what I can gather, two are in Newfoundland which is odd considering theres hardly any work there for the locals hence why so many of them work elsewhere, even more so than New Brunswickers. The other one appears to be in Manitoba going from western Canada to the northern USA, apart from that I can’t make anything else out or who the company is.

there is a little known way into Canada that involves French speaking communities sponsoring workers that can speak French. I found this out when a local haulier couldn’t bring in mechanics on lmias (twp) from South America but could bring in mechanics from iirc French speaking Algeria without a problem .
im sure someone knows more about the program will come along shortly. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know when i lived in Quebec this was a contentious issue among people as it seemed that ‘‘caucasian’’ french speakers strove to fit in in Quebec whereas African and Caribbean french speakers only used Canada as a easier way in to North America and as soon as a Canadian passport was in their possesion they departed for sunnier climes in the USA.

I had a quick look at that site and it led to “Destination Canada” which seems to be holding employment seminars in France , Belgium and Tunisia. A bloke from Tim Hortons came on the video but there was a section where 7 employers were advertising 58 longhaul jobs in various parts of Canada.http://destination-canada-forum-emploi.ca/offres_emploi.php?lang=en&OffresParPage=15&job=7411

http://destination-canada-forum-emploi.ca/offres_emploi.php?lang=en&OffresParPage=15&job=7411

Exactly.They seem to be in France(Paris)Brussels and Tunis reguarly to recrute.Every other month this year it seems.
Those of you in Canada will know better wether these jobs are worth applying for.
Owen

A fellow member on here works for one o the firms on the link… :shocklol: well they cant get permission to bring
in brits so … the local youngsters don’t want tae work OTR ,

I could understand it if Australian trucking companies went to Tunisia to recruit longhaul drivers. But how are those guys going to cope with Canadian winters? Probably never seen snow.

ChrisArbon:
I could understand it if Australian trucking companies went to Tunisia to recruit longhaul drivers. But how are those guys going to cope with Canadian winters? Probably never seen snow.

You know logic doesn’t come in to it. Its all about meat in the seat. Even us lot coming from the UK who love to complain about bad weather more than any other nation on earth are totally out of our environment in a Canadian winter, nothing the UK could throw at you comes close to even the mildest of winter conditions here.

I work for the Notre Dame company and we brought over 3 lads from Tunisia (mechanics). Apparently it didn’t cost the company a penny as it’s a French community and they get subsidized for bringing in French speakers. I’m shocked at the ad for drivers though, cause they told me, they can only bring in skilled workers through this program and as we all know, truck driving isn’t recognized as a skilled job.
I suppose they’re desperate for drivers now and will try anything. We’ve had 8 drivers quit over the last few weeks and it’s mainly because they don’t want to drive over the winter months and they are all Canadian lol.

ChrisArbon:

Have you seen the film ‘Cool runnings’ ?