Not really trucking related

As the title says but i thought i`d share our news anyway - we have now been granted permanent resident status in Canada and i just wanted to say a big thanks to all you guys on here that have assisted with all your help and advice and kept me kind of sane throughout our journey - and before anyone asks - the answer is yes, I will be leaving Loblaws as soon as the right opportunity comes along :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one, well done!

Congratulations :sunglasses:

Well done Russ eh :smiley: ,glad all the effort was worthwhile . BTW ,DJ Knoll will announce tomorrow a buy out by Canada Cartage so wouldn’t bother knocking on their door :unamused:

OOO thats not good, pay cuts all round - Cartage were advertising long haul jobs not so long ago for $49k a year :unamused:

russjp:
OOO thats not good, pay cuts all round - Cartage were advertising long haul jobs not so long ago for $49k a year :unamused:

Their pay in Calgary is crap, city drivers get about $18/hr.

russjp:

Congratulations Russ.

As for $49k even H&R offer more then that

Thanks guys - - let the job hunting commence :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats russjp on getting your pr card, I’m an owner op with dj knolls , my friend heard from another friend that we were bein bought out , this is news to us and caused some worry and stress, untill I explained that it is probably driver chit chat, y would some, anonymous British guy know what was goin on inside a company, in Canada , what u write here can be seen all over , please think about that , didn’t here anything on the 21st about being taken over , there is nothing on Internet , and denials in the office about it , rumor and gossip has allways played a part in British truck driving habits , please leave at the air port , thanks , M SINBAD , from Wales

I have a mate on there, he hasn’t mentioned it either, so another RDC waiting room myth rears its ugly head it seems…

Congrats Russ, I too have just received my second residency permit, (green card).

Thanks once again peeps, just to update you all - from the 23rd December I am no longer a Loblaws employee. Im starting a new job in January working for friends who own a grain farm right across from our town. Ill be hauling grain, seeding, spraying, harvesting and doing basic vehicle maintenance - time for a new challenge and for our life in Canada to really begin - won`t miss the nightshift or driving turnpikes at all lol

Congrats on the PR card and the new job!! Sounds like things are looking rosy! Enjoy :smiley:

Sinbad0071:
Congrats russjp on getting your pr card, I’m an owner op with dj knolls , my friend heard from another friend that we were bein bought out , this is news to us and caused some worry and stress, untill I explained that it is probably driver chit chat, y would some, anonymous British guy know what was goin on inside a company, in Canada , what u write here can be seen all over , please think about that , didn’t here anything on the 21st about being taken over , there is nothing on Internet , and denials in the office about it , rumor and gossip has allways played a part in British truck driving habits , please leave at the air port , thanks , M SINBAD , from Wales

Great first post Sinbad , try a second comment on Feb 1st .

Why does it matter how many posts the guy has made?

wire:
Why does it matter how many posts the guy has made?

Just seemed rather bizarre to me , maybe when the chap understands the realities of working for Canada Garbage he’ll wind his neck in a tad . On the flip side he could be very content there :unamused:

It doesn’t seem like drivers gossip to Me about Knolls & Canada Cartage, its on Facebook so must be true…

The whole continent’s freight will soon be monopolised by even less the way its going…

I sub for Bison now who would have thunk it lol

russjp:
As the title says but i thought i`d share our news anyway - we have now been granted permanent resident status in Canada and i just wanted to say a big thanks to all you guys on here that have assisted with all your help and advice and kept me kind of sane throughout our journey - and before anyone asks - the answer is yes, I will be leaving Loblaws as soon as the right opportunity comes along :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bet it didn’t take as long as My PR.

Nice one anyway Bloke I hope You get what Your looking for.

fly sheet:

russjp:

I bet it didn’t take as long as My PR.

Nice one anyway Bloke I hope You get what Your looking for.

Thanks and our PR took 20 months in total from landing to getting our PR cards :smiley: