Colchester VT scales

Going north on I-89 in VT this morning some guy shouts on the CB that Colchester scales were open and very busy, rolling down the hill towards them I was slowing and noticed a long line almost back to the highway and a DOT cop sitting on the shoulder about 500 feet before them, he waved me into the left lane to bypass the line and not stop in the road, he already dropped a couple of gears and started to speed up, at the exit I saw a Sherriff running to his car waving at me, I stared at him and he sped out of the scales and pulled me and the truck behind me, he got out of his car and strode up to me shouting like a mad man. “What the hell are you doing ?” he yelled, “You just drove right by the scales”
“I was told to by the DOT officer”
“What DOT officer ? He never told you any such thing” at this point I notice the afore mentioned DOT cop speeding towards us, he gets out of his pick up truck and starts yelling at the Sherriff who in turn yells back, “This is my jurisdiction” shouts the Sherriff “And these two just drove by a scales”
“I told them to for safety reasons, the line of trucks is on the highway, now please leave DOT work to DOT officers”
“This is my jurisdiction and I am going to say if they have broken the law or not” said the ■■■■■■■.
“Get back in you f**kin’ car and get the hell out of here and mind you own business” he turns to me “Driver, you can go, don’t worry, you will not be getting a ticket”
I drove away laughing as I watched the Sherriff getting an ear bashing in my mirror.

Left hand and right hand springs to mind

What springs to my mind is that you have a very ■■■■■■ off sheriff and a big target on your back now…

It could only happen to Pat.

newmercman:
What springs to my mind is that you have a very ■■■■■■ off sheriff and a big target on your back now…

I have been pulled at the same spot by a Sherriff in the past, they seem to be stupid, on the previous occasion the scales were not even open and he came chasing after me to ask why I hadn’t pulled in ? Sherriff’s are pretend cops, the can’t make State trooper grade, the top one has to be elected by the locals and he then appoints his family as deputies LOL
When we first moved to this house and had some construction work done, a worker left our back gate open, our beloved dog got out and was hit, a Sherriff was on the scene and laid into me, my poor dog was injured badly, a state trooper came along and in turn laid into the Sherriff, told him to be a but more concerned about the animal, we decided to put her in the back of my car and take to an emergency vet in Rutland VT, myself and the trooper carefully carried this very big dog to the car as the Sherriff looked on, until once again the trooper ripped him a new ■■■ :laughing:
By the way, our dog survived.

buford t justice springs to mind pat , seriously they can’t be that bad can they ? dave