Woodchuck cider

Being a recently reborn cider drinker I have been trying to find any cider better than the true British stuff such as Strongbow or Blackthorn etc, most US made ciders are too sweet or just not making the grade, I found Woodchuck not too bad but today I the supermarket I picked up a case of Woodchuck ‘Granny Smiths’ cider, the best yet, not to sweet, crisp and sharp. As I know how Taffy loves his cider I felt obliged to post this excellent news :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have to see if can find it down the liquor store. I refuse to pay $16 for 4 cans of bow

FFS Taff, that’s daylight robbery, it’s $7.95 for a six pack here.

It’s all expensive up here lol

So what do you guys drink or what can you afford to drink…

hi pat just b4 coming back to uk they started selling my favourite in p.e.i magners 4 dollars a can in liquor store . went to watch saints rugby saturday sank about 14 of em gr8 day and we won

Steve, They have now got a TV ad campaign here for Strongbow as the worlds best hard cider. We can get Magners at most supermarkets, $9.00 for a six pack, as a result of them showing the Strongbow ads all day yesterday eavery place I went to had sold out :frowning:

good deal m8 i drank strongbow 15yrs m8 nearly killed me l.o.l just a few magners now and again m8 happy travels

I drink magners or magners berry myself

cliffystephens:
So what do you guys drink or what can you afford to drink…

Bud lol. Or just get a bottle of spiced rum or something

None of those are ciders ! What you boys need is some proper Somerset scrumpy :slight_smile: but I guess you won’t be finding that your side of the pond, Not really any good cider my side of the channel, most ciders seem to come from Brittany, the sweet one (doux) is a whopping 2% :open_mouth: the dry (brut) is a bit stronger about 4% from memory, you should see their faces when you ask for a pint of :slight_smile: they usually sell in in a little wine glass :cry: . You can get Magners in some bars and shops but that doesn’t float my boat being a Somerset lad.
Suppose I will just have to stay with the bierre blonde or wine, could murder a nice real ale straight from the barrel no chance!

The draught beer here is ■■■■, it goes flat after a couple of slurps and I’m not sure they are too good at cleaning the pipes, I always end up with gut rot after a session :cry:

They’re into their lite beers too, Bud Lite has a nice taste, but you’ll drown before you get ■■■■■■ :unamused: