Today's events.

Today’s adventure… Ran down to hook to a loaded tanker that some bloke had bought from Californian and found him still hooked to it and sleeping in the bunk, he was ■■■■■■ when I woke him but I explained that the only way I could deliver his dam load to Montreal was if he dropped the trailer, idiot :angry: “Have you faxed this paperwork to the broker ?” I asked,
“Didn’t know I was supposed to”
“Did you put the parrs sticker on the top copy ?”
“Yes”
“Do you know what it’s for ?”
“No” … I wound his landing gear down and pulled the air lines off for the ■■■■■■, hooked up and got going, tried to get a fax number from the company to no joy, eventually I manage to get hold of Fed Ex (The broker) at 07.30 and explain, she gives me the fax number and I explain I will be at the border in about an hour, she tells me to find the first fax I can then wait at least an hour before trying to cross. About 5 miles from the little truck stop at Plattsburgh I am pulled by DOT FFS, a level 1 inspection. I was there for 45 minutes then at the truck stop some bloke has about 100 pages to fax, 15 minutes later I fax the 2 sheets I had and set out north again, still too early I stop at the small truck stop at exit 42 which is a dump and wait it out, breakfast at the place is really cheap so I order 2 eggs, microwaved bacon, microwaved hash brown and toast, I was handed the plate with only one fork and no knife “Can I have a knife please ?”
“You need a knife ? What for ?”
“To cut up my food”
“Everyone else just uses a fork”
“I am not everyone else, I don’t see the point in struggling to cut food up with a blunt fork”
“Where are you from anyway ?”
“I’m from a place called Civilisation” I replied. Nice ride back through customs though.

facebook.com/video.php?v=10152683005698956

Grumpy old bugger ,

lol I like the bit about forks only. That seems to be the way in the Maritimes too. They hack up and chase their food around the plate with a fork. Show them a knife and they’re like a rabbit in the headlights.

You should have learnt how to eat Yank style by now Pat :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Charles

remy:
You should have learnt how to eat Yank style by now Pat :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Charles

I’m afraid that will never happen Charles, I will not shrink to having bad manners at a table, if a group of us are at a diner I make everyone take their hats off at the table also.

The table manners, or rather the lack of table manners over here infuriate me.

Also the cheese on everything thing, wtf is with that? It ain’t even real cheese ffs.

Mark, I dare not comment on such things to my loving wife, she thinks I hate the place :laughing:
I was once at a family get together and some disgusting slob sat right opposite me, ate open mouthed, spat food as he talked, wore his dam baseball cap and used his fork and fingers to eat his turkey etc, I got up and moved to a room where all the children were eating much to the shock of the family.
I can’t abide ignorance and bad manners or the greedy slobs you see at the TA who get the buffet and instead of going back when the first plate it empty just get 3 or 4 plates at one go, then sit there eating like animals.

I have to say I fear my stepson shows signs of being a normal local when he eats, I tell him to use manners and am acused of nagging him.

Old habits die hard. Baseball cap always comes off when I go into one of the fine eating establishments.

The manners are shocking very rare you hear a please or thank you

i was in costa coffe at heathrow when a fat yank barged his way to the counter " can i get a cawfee with " and reeled of a list of what he wanted in it . the young lady smiled sweetly an said " no need to get anything here sir , we are here to serve you " . i incidentally , my son in law is american , but my daughter says his training is coming along nicely . cheers , dave

The rules at my table are you hold the knife and the fork in the proper way, if you want to eat like a two yr old then the dinner goes in the blender and you’ll be spoon fed like a two yr old.

The other thing that gets me is the state of their shoes, mine are always clean and polished.

May I perchance enquire, when was the last time you visited dear old Blighty? Over hear you might find the culture to be somewhat erroded, in fact you might find it hard to find someone that speaks English.
I well remember the days when Her Maj, had an enviable fleet of aircraft and other services with which, to attempt to maintain the standards you wish to preserve. Seen any Tonkas in Canada recently?

We want the Tiffy back by the way. SOON ■■■■■■■!!

I very often return my knife unused to the kitchen after a meal, but I am almost a vegetarian, I like to kill what I eat when its meat so most of it is dead by the time it reaches my plate.

Thanks to Pat and Newmercman for so many laughs and informative posts.

I have to admit to this post bieng some what influenced by brown water from Faversham Kent. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

newmercman:
The table manners, or rather the lack of table manners over here infuriate me.

Also the cheese on everything thing, wtf is with that? It ain’t even real cheese ffs.

That cheese on everything does my head in as well, I don’t do cheese and if I say “no cheese” they look at me as if I got 2 heads then repeat usually shouting the question “No Cheese ?” like it’s compulsory.
I think they put it on everything to mask the taste of ■■■■ food.

They look at me like I got 2 heads when say I don’t want gravy on my fries

They’re not fries man, they’re chips ffs :open_mouth:

The fact i dont like eggs seemed to baffle most waitress in america. Went in the cafe with Neal and it fried the womans brain neither of us wanted eggs with breakfast.

That’s because you’re both weirdos HTH