Bungee's.

I was in Toronto on Tuesday morning, gladly this time I was just in and out in a couple of hours. On the way back down the QEW I got pulled into the scales, being empty I didn’t worry but got the ‘Go to park’ sign … Damm ! I drove around back to see some DOT guy standing there waving at me to go into the concrete section. “Just going to do a quick brake check driver, but first I need to show you something” he pointed to the catwalk behind the cab, “This is the only reason I had you pulled in here really” he said as he pointed to the bungee’s across the hydro and heat hoses, “Bungee’s are not legal” he said, “From this month all items must have ratchet straps to hold them on”
“I don’t have any and I had no idea they were illegal” I said. He was a good cop, he said he wouldn’t give me a ticket, instead he gave me his only ratchet strap and made me take the milk crate that I keep the oil etc in and put it in the cab, as I hate such things in the cab I stopped ate the next truck stop and bought another strap to hold that in place.
If you use bungee’s get rid of them.

What about bungee’s holding the air/electric lines ?
Be no good there with ratchet straps.
More Ontario BS.

It’s not just ON, flatbedders have to strap their dunnage now, even if it’s in a storage box type thing, bungees are not allowed for securing anything.

It makes sense really, a piece of stretchy rubber is not really securing anything, it may hold it in place, but secure means unable to move and that means a strap.

And make sure the strap has a load rating thingy otherwise they won’t accept it. So no cheapo dollarstore straps…

Bungees are good enough for tarps!! A lot more pressure on them then on the catwalk. Just a a thought

Yes but they are not a securement device.

Well, got another Toronto delivery this Tuesday and passing the same scales, this time everything is secured with straps.