New FH spotted in BC

As it says, I spotted a new shape FH today in BC, between Abbotsford and Chilliwack.

It was going the other way and I spotted it too late to get a pic or even to see what license plate it had, so don’t know if it was American or Canadian.

It was only a four wheeler unit too, looked like a globetrotter, but not the XL version, no bling on it, just a dark metallic gun metal colour pulling a tandem flat.

Roberts have some brand new FH’s in there fleet, covered in bling and the colours you describe. I just tried to post a photo here but Trucknet wouldn’t let me, if you do a search for ‘Roberts transport Canada Volvo FH’ images they will show up.

here you go pat .

imagesQYPSY3HV.jpg

imagesCHN11DDH.jpg

No that’s the old shape FH and they’re six wheelers and they run ON and PQ only. Oh and they have Transports Robert written on them :laughing:

newmercman:
No that’s the old shape FH and they’re six wheelers and they run ON and PQ only. Oh and they have Transports Robert written on them :laughing:

right ok i’ll have another look then :open_mouth: talk about picky :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

nick2008:

newmercman:

right ok i’ll have another look then :open_mouth: talk about picky :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sorry mate I thought Pat had posted those pics, I wouldn’t have been so sarcastic if I had seen the post was yours. :laughing:

I’ll ask the editor of the mag I write for, he’ll be able to find out about it I’m sure :wink:

newmercman:

nick2008:

newmercman:

Sorry mate I thought Pat had posted those pics, I wouldn’t have been so sarcastic if I had seen the post was yours. :laughing:

I’ll ask the editor of the mag I write for, he’ll be able to find out about it I’m sure :wink:

na ur ok Mate Notice the Wink after :laughing:

I cant find anything but I’ll ask on the US forum …

OK sarcasm reactivated now then :laughing:

newmercman:
OK sarcasm reactivated now then :laughing:

tart :unamused:

newmercman:
As it says, I spotted a new shape FH today in BC, between Abbotsford and Chilliwack.

It was going the other way and I spotted it too late to get a pic or even to see what license plate it had, so don’t know if it was American or Canadian.

It was only a four wheeler unit too, looked like a globetrotter, but not the XL version, no bling on it, just a dark metallic gun metal colour pulling a tandem flat.

there is a Dutch guy in the flower business with two F12’s close to 264 and hwy 1… saw his green F12 rigid box hi-top daycab last week, runs as a ‘farm truck’ but is mint… he seems to be a Volvo car enthusiast as well, I wonder if he picked up a new truck■■?

years ago I saw a white/blue early F10 near the Port Mann, it just flashed by… thought I was dreaming!!!.. maybe I’ll find an F89 in a barn in Langley one day… LOL

yvr brit

Here’s an ex UK FL6 I spotted in Beaver Trucks Winnipeg, as you can see it’s a horse box, don’t know who it belongs to, except that they’re British and they like horses :wink:

I’ve seen the Robert Transport ones quite a lot, though not for a while now. Because they have an extremely long wheel base (rigid chasis?) they have built a hideous looking contraption on the back of the cab to make it more aerodynamic, akin to those awful looking “Trailer tails” etc.
Theres also a Dutch guy in Ontario on for ERB who has a few 3 series Scania’s on the go and they go everywhere, seen them dozens of times in Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes and as far was as Missouri and down in Virginia.
Also see low loaders heading from Halifax docks to Ontario every so often with various European trucks on the back. The last one I saw looked to be a double drive Volvo FM. Whether they’re going to work over here, or are just here for some kind of exhibition I have no idea.

newmercman:

nick2008:

newmercman:

So it’s get at Pat week then … You Cockney twonk :laughing:

Was wondering if those Volvos have 12v electrics and the push/pull handbrake? I know its a bit nerdish but am curious, what you reckon Mark?

They’re testing the 24v system on those old shape FHs at Transports Robert, so my only thought is that this one is a test bed for the new dual clutch I-shift, I’d bet on 24v and the push button parking brake/trailer supply set up, can’t see BC letting it anywhere near a hill without the usual set up.

There was a FH16 on test with Westport which they had done an LNG power unit conversion on before it returned to europe

Maybe that was it then?

It’s about time they came up with a better system than the push off snap on park and trailer buttons on all trucks, always makes my fingers sting when I put it in park. On the other note I did see a series Scania 113 6 wheel rigid tipper whilst driving round New York last year.

robinhood_1984:
I’ve seen the Robert Transport ones quite a lot, though not for a while now. Because they have an extremely long wheel base (rigid chasis?) they have built a hideous looking contraption on the back of the cab to make it more aerodynamic, akin to those awful looking “Trailer tails” etc.
Theres also a Dutch guy in Ontario on for ERB who has a few 3 series Scania’s on the go and they go everywhere, seen them dozens of times in Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes and as far was as Missouri and down in Virginia.
Also see low loaders heading from Halifax docks to Ontario every so often with various European trucks on the back. The last one I saw looked to be a double drive Volvo FM. Whether they’re going to work over here, or are just here for some kind of exhibition I have no idea.

Exhibit A… For Robinhood.

Judging by the separate mirrors underneath the main one that FH is at least 5 or 6 years old.