QEW skyway bridge

Does anyone know if the bridge is open again ?
That was some impact and serious damage done.

I know that if it were NY it would take about a year to repair, job security and pay you know :wink:

Pat Hasler:
I know that if it were NY it would take about a year to repair, job security and pay you know :wink:

and union :wink:

Hear you go pat …

cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ … -1.2727030

The Toronto-bound lanes of the Burlington Skyway reopened Monday night, four days after a dump truck damaged the bridge’s structure, tying up traffic and forcing detours over the holiday weekend. .

Crew have been completing temporary repair to the steel and pavement of the bridge over the weekend, and more permanent repairs are needed over the coming months, said Astrid Poei, communications co-ordinator with Ontario’s Ministry of Transportation.
â–
Burlington flood: 2 months worth of rain falls within hours

The permanent repairs will take place overnight to lessen the impact on traffic but will require lane reductions, Poei said.

A truck with its bucket raised slammed into the overhead steel trusses and girders of the bridge last Thursday, causing extensive damage and forcing the closure of the Toronto-bound lanes.

It goes on to say

Sukhvinder Singh Rai, 34, of Brampton, Ont., faces one count of impaired operation of a motor vehicle and one count of blood alcohol level exceeding 80 milligrams while operating a motor vehicle.

I suppose its an Indian becoming a Cowboy :wink:

There goes his no claims :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny how they dress in full religious uniform, then get on the ■■■■ and drive a lorry, the way they weave all over the road makes me wonder if more of them haven’t been on the sauce as they drive.