Should have hijacked him LOL

This morning I went to a place I hadn’t been to in years, ‘Vermont hard cider company’ I bought the load home on Friday and when I was about to pull out of my ■■■■■■■■■■■■ at 04.00 am another truck came round the bend with a ‘Suttons of St Helens’ container on it. There is construction on the bridge in our village and it’s a 10 foot width limit crossing it, the guy stopped dead so I called him on the CB to tell him to cross but be careful, at that time of morning there would be not much chance of seeing another truck, he said thank you then asked if I knew the way to Vermont hard cider ? “I am going to that exact place” I replied.
He followed me all the way and in doing so cut 17 miles off the route his useless satnav had sent him, we arrived a good 30 minute early so I het the bunk until my appointment time. Talking to the receiver I was told the guy with the Suttons container was in fact carrying the very first load of Blackthorn cider to be marketed in draught in the USA, he expected to be getting 15 loads a week … Just tell me where I will be able to buy the best cider on the planet :stuck_out_tongue:

Pat, Blackthorn cider that stuff will put you in an early grave. I remember back in the early eighties a private club/free house sold it in our village. There were more lost days of work and divorces than I care to remember. That stuff gets a hold of you.
Old English and Merrydown could be problematic , and then your’e talking about scrumpy.!
I’ll stick to the Guinness, thanks.

Paul.

Have never tried it what’s it like

irish lorries:
Have never tried it what’s it like

Just like Guinness it is an aquired taste, some like it straight others with orange or black current juice. Its strong for sure.

cider = 1 way ticket to diabetes hell, is it not?

Have to try this the night

Wow no moan from Pat lol. Blackthorn is to dry for my taste

One of our clients at the roadshow company was Blackthorn, we set up promo trailers and mobile bars just to sell it, Bath rugby stadium was probably my favourite place to set up, this required a group of about 6 of us driving down early morning, setting the stuff up by tea time, going to our hotels (no sleeping in trucks on the Blackthorn contract), getting ■■■■■■ out of our heads in a local pub then running the show and watching some quality sportsmanship :slight_smile:

best cider magners with loads ice mmmm but if u want to really get with cider called white lightning f…k me itll killya boys :smiley:

stevejones:
best cider magners with loads ice mmmm but if u want to really get with cider called white lightning [zb] me itll killya boys :smiley:

Magners berry is the nicest cider about if you want something stong get poitin

irish lorries:

stevejones:
best cider magners with loads ice mmmm but if u want to really get with cider called white lightning [zb] me itll killya boys :smiley:

Magners berry is the nicest cider about if you want something stong get poitin

I like Magners regular cider, they serve it in a few bars in Yonkers

ye pat its nice with ice doesn’t seem to giv ya gut rot like the ol strongbow used to its the ice watering it down I suppose .typical im moving home and they just started selling it in couple bars in p.e.i. as for the poitin last time with family in Ireland little bit crazy time l.o.l wont be guzzling that anytime soon cant stand the hangovers these days :smiley:

I went through a phase of drinking Magners over ice, nice for a pub garden or BBQ ■■■■ up.

You don’t get gut rot or a hangover and you can drink from lunchtime to kicking out time without going for a 9pm puke up like you do on lager.

Didnt know still made blackthorn x

sinders29:

Not a Rugby fan then :slight_smile: They sponser Bath Rugby team and have done for over 15 years.

newmercman:
I went through a phase of drinking Magners over ice, nice for a pub garden or BBQ ■■■■ up.

You don’t get gut rot or a hangover and you can drink from lunchtime to kicking out time without going for a 9pm puke up like you do on lager.

Rich Browne and myself were in Clarkes bar in Yonkers on Thursday evening and I had 3 Magners (no Ice) the barmaid who is Irish was proud of the fact that I was drinking it the proper way and not over some ice like in her words “The local pansies do” LOL
I really like the stuff and as you say I never get even the slightest headache from it.

Pat Hasler:

sinders29:

Not a Rugby fan then :slight_smile: They sponser Bath Rugby team and have done for over 15 years.

Think you’ll find Bath are sponsored by Thatchers nowadays :unamused:

Pat Hasler:

newmercman:

Rich Browne and myself were in Clarkes bar in Yonkers on Thursday evening and I had 3 Magners (no Ice) the barmaid who is Irish was proud of the fact that I was drinking it the proper way and not over some ice like in her words “The local pansies do” LOL
I really like the stuff and as you say I never get even the slightest headache from it.

You still got it then Pat, she was trying to pull you :laughing:

She’s getting on a bit mate, she’s a real Dubliner and just a good old sort, has a sense of humour LOL

Pat Hasler:
She’s getting on a bit mate, she’s a real Dubliner and just a good old sort, has a sense of humour LOL

She must have a GSOH to try and pull you :laughing: