B & D Walters

Hi Guys, any info on B & D Walters.

Ask Taffytrucker or Chunk, they both work there.

Cheers Pat.

What do ya wanna know??

Sent you a PM Taffytrucker.

taffytrucker:
What do ya wanna know??

-Do you get paid an hourly rate when you’re waiting at Tim Hortons to get a coffee■■?

-I have to be home every weekend and i don’t like to start before 10 ish on mondays and finish before 3 on a friday but only drive to Florida and make about $2000 a week and 3months paid holiday a year??

-Will they give me an escalade to for the missus drive around town with?? Or will she have to make do with a suburban or tahoe??

-Have they got staff to clean my truck and make my bed over the weekend when I’m home??

That’s about all I can think of for now…

I thought all that was pretty much industry standard crunchy :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:

taffytrucker:
I thought all that was pretty much industry standard crunchy :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I meet up with Tara whilst in lethbridge, seemed a good outfit, I went for a test drive with them but haven’t heard from them since, I don’t know if they were interested or not, they are looking for drivers, advertising on the net though.

Terryx6:
I meet up with Tara whilst in lethbridge, seemed a good outfit, I went for a test drive with them but haven’t heard from them since, I don’t know if they were interested or not, they are looking for drivers, advertising on the net though.

Try 4033288011 ask for Lorna. I think she’s looking after that side now

Thanks taffy, what are they like at getting back to you, or do you have to chase them :smiley: b

Terryx6:
Thanks taffy, what are they like at getting back to you, or do you have to chase them :smiley: b

Depends what’s going on at the time. We are only a small company so if we are busy then it may take a while

Just watched video on u tube of walters combining on a 65000 acre farm very impressive … :slight_smile:

It’s a impressive sight that’s for sure

Do not work for these guys even if you are desperate. Many reasons: ancient trucks with 1.5 million + k’s on the clock, not paid to wait or unload, must work 7 days a week to make your miles, bent log books essential, massive turn over of staff both in the office and behind the wheel, constant threats and summary dismissals, smiling assassins waiting to slip the knife in at every turn, they dismissed one guy who was living in his truck and threw him out on the street that night, you name it they’ve got it.
I was there three months and desperately looking around for something else when she dismissed me. I was give a plane ticket and told I MUST leave the country. I refused as I have the right to stay until my visa runs out (2016). Final pay which, was a full months worth, has not been paid and they are now making efforts to have me removed from Canada. You have every right to think I’m joking or just bitter but consider yourself warned. I’m just glad to be out of the place and will be relieved when I can look back on the nightmare that has been the last two weeks and laugh. Plenty of arbitration to go through before then though… Luckily I’ve met some good Canadians over here who are helping me out otherwise I’d be at home with nothing already.

:evil: :imp: DO NOT WORK FOR THESE GUYS :imp: :imp:

worksucks:
Do not work for these guys even if you are desperate. Many reasons: ancient trucks with 1.5 million + k’s on the clock, not paid to wait or unload, must work 7 days a week to make your miles, bent log books essential, massive turn over of staff both in the office and behind the wheel, constant threats and summary dismissals, smiling assassins waiting to slip the knife in at every turn, they dismissed one guy who was living in his truck and threw him out on the street that night, you name it they’ve got it.
I was there three months and desperately looking around for something else when she dismissed me. I was give a plane ticket and told I MUST leave the country. I refused as I have the right to stay until my visa runs out (2016). Final pay which, was a full months worth, has not been paid and they are now making efforts to have me removed from Canada. You have every right to think I’m joking or just bitter but consider yourself warned. I’m just glad to be out of the place and will be relieved when I can look back on the nightmare that has been the last two weeks and laugh. Plenty of arbitration to go through before then though… Luckily I’ve met some good Canadians over here who are helping me out otherwise I’d be at home with nothing already.

:evil: :imp: DO NOT WORK FOR THESE GUYS :imp: :imp:

Hey worksucks, where do you come from in the UK ?
A driver told me a similar story a couple of months ago that worked there, just wanted to know if you’re the same person.

Wow worksucks …so much anger so much venom could it really have been that bad may be you just rubbed someone up the wrong way…

cliffystephens:
Wow worksucks …so much anger so much venom could it really have been that bad may be you just rubbed someone up the wrong way…

Many of the crappy companies in the Maritimes operate in a similar way with ignorant redneck “hard men” at the top level who fancy themselves as gang masters who like to throw their weight around. I know nothing of the company in question but the behaviour that has been described is certainly believable because I’ve seen it first hand here several times on this side of the country. I have being fired on the spot more than once by my first company for refusing to run 24 hours a day and re-write log books for example when I’m already exhausted in the first place due to their dire planning.
Most Canadian truck drivers are of the “Put up and shut up” variety and despite complaining about their lot to others, will never stand up for themselves, which in my opinion is the main reason why the job here, especially on long haul reefer work is so crap. British drivers on the other hand usually have more of a back bone and a sense of what’s right and what’s wrong and actually feel some sort of indignation when they’re having the urine taking out of them and as a result tend to fight back and that often goes down very badly with these red neck bullies who own the companies, who are often sons or grand sons of the original owner who started the firm from his farm many many years ago and who is himself a real gentlemen, his off spring tend to be ignorant privileged tyrants who think they own everything and every one in sight. I obviously can’t say whether or not this happens at B&D Walters, but it certainly does happen at some of New Brunswick’s finest firms.

hi m8 its steve pei just read ur last post wot a laugh but all true u have learnt a lot since met ya 5yrs ago u sound like me now but u got it rite I have yet to meet 1 Canadian driver spouting of in truckstop than have the bottle to march into planner ha ha and tell em wots wot usually some spoilt t…t racist whos never been outside the great n.american continent l.o.l and think we are just bunch muppets ooh hang on im going into one I could get sacked 4 that ha ha av gd week m8 :smiley:

stevejones:
hi m8 its steve pei just read ur last post wot a laugh but all true u have learnt a lot since met ya 5yrs ago u sound like me now but u got it rite I have yet to meet 1 Canadian driver spouting of in truckstop than have the bottle to march into planner ha ha and tell em wots wot usually some spoilt t…t racist whos never been outside the great n.american continent l.o.l and think we are just bunch muppets ooh hang on im going into one I could get sacked 4 that ha ha av gd week m8 :smiley:

Why are you writing like a ■■■■■■■ 13yr old ? innit . Get a grip :unamused: :unamused: