False accusation!

I got a call from management yesterday to say that some tart had reported me because a 6 inch piece of steel had come from my trailer and smashed her windshield, so I asked where and when was this as I have no pieces of steel or any other item missing ?
“It was January 18th on the PA turnpike” came the reply.
“Then she is lying ! January 18th was a Saturday and I have not been in any truck on a Saturday in 2 years, I have never been in a truck in PA in my life”
They check the computer records and GPS records to find out I am telling the truth. The incident was obviously an insurance scam, when I asked why she waited 4 months to do anything about it they said she was waiting for her insurance company to respond :laughing:

She’s fishing for a company that will just pay up. Hope your boss’s pass the info to the sheriff’s dept you can be sure she’s trying it on someone else if she aint already done so .

Even after all this it took several phone conversations to convince them she was scamming us LOL

Pat
Hanson in here in the UK make us fit a 4 camera system on the tippers,1 forward 1 backwards and 2 looking back from the cab corners and these record onto a hard drive. About a week ago the guy in the weighbridge rang and said she had a girl saying that our truck had took the mirror off her parked car,I asked him to give her my number and to ring me later. She rang about 6pm and said she was walking back to her car and she had seen our truck take the mirror off{the driver denied it]. I told her about the camera system and told her I and didnt know how to view the contents but would find out and let her see the results.
About 2 hours later she was on the phone again full of apologies,said someone had called at her house and said that they had knocked the mirror off and didnt have time to stop.
By the way the mini recorder has stopped working weeks ago so we were both lying.

Pursy

Just goes to show how nasty these people can be. We have cameras fitted facing the front in all our trucks after 2007, the company deny they are cameras but how the hell they can when they are quite plainly there in full view and if I remove the fuse box cover one relay and one fuse plainly have ‘Camera’ printed on them :laughing:

false answer pat you have been in a truck in PA i was with you. old men forget yesterday

james1:
false answer pat you have been in a truck in PA i was with you. old men forget yesterday

Yeah, I just read that again James. I meant I haven’t been there on a Saturday LOL, I do have quite a few PA deliveries on this job but Saturday’s are a no no :slight_smile:
In fact every time I drive along route 30 past Manheim turnpike it reminds me of you and I delivering that multi drop load of electrical cable.