Megatruckers

Just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours watching this 8 part series about the Brisbane based company Heavy Haulage Australia . Young business headed by John Kelly with a good team of people behind him , oh and some hunky dory trucks .
Knocks IRT and that Stobby(one episode was enough)dross out of the sky .

flat to the mat:
Just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours watching this 8 part series about the Brisbane based company Heavy Haulage Australia . Young business headed by John Kelly with a good team of people behind him , oh and some hunky dory trucks .

I bet he is a right prick at times lol

Smoggie89:

flat to the mat:

+1 but that’s the attitude needed to be successful sometimes. He cuts out the crap and half the whingers here wouldn’t last 5 minutes.
I’d love to work over there doing that kind of work.

m1cks:

Smoggie89:

flat to the mat:

+1 but that’s the attitude needed to be successful sometimes. He cuts out the crap and half the whingers here wouldn’t last 5 minutes.
I’d love to work over there doing that kind of work.

Yeah I think at times he could speak to people better , there doesn’t seem to be much leeway , but like you say with that sort of work there can’t be ■■■■■■■ about

shame it just stopped all of a sudden as it was a great show was getting rite in to it then boom one week it just wasnt on!!! he loved his trucks and they were all some machines i hope its back on at some point

It’s back on now and the series is due in the new year

Tipper Tom, what channel is it on?

ray

Ray,

Dave

Tom

Tipper Tom:
Ray,

Dave

Tom

:laughing:

Smoggie89:

flat to the mat:

I bet he is a right prick at times lol[/quote

Comes across as a pretty decent bloke , he can obviously do the job that he’s asking his employees to do and is never shy to get out there and get dirty with them . As he said in one of the latter episodes ,he asked 5 different guys to bring a chainsaw to the job site and nobody did , wouldn’t you be ■■■■■■ in that scenario ? He wants to be the best , offers the best equipment and by all accounts top dollar wages , so expects the best from his work force .
Where can I apply ? :laughing: :laughing:

We haul a lot of heavy gear, mainly our own stuff in and out of the forests, and I know a lot of guys that moved west and north do heavy haul to and from the mines. I don’t know if he (Kelly) was told to act like that for the cameras, but if he spoke to some of the blokes I know like that he would be flat on the floor.
The way he talks to his employes in unacceptable, there are better ways to motivate a work force, his attitude is not typical of Australian transport. Shame really as the program is well shot.

Jeff…

flat to the mat:

Smoggie89:

flat to the mat:

[/quote

Comes across as a pretty decent bloke , he can obviously do the job that he’s asking his employees to do and is never shy to get out there and get dirty with them . As he said in one of the latter episodes ,he asked 5 different guys to bring a chainsaw to the job site and nobody did , wouldn’t you be ■■■■■■ in that scenario ? He wants to be the best , offers the best equipment and by all accounts top dollar wages , so expects the best from his work force .
Where can I apply ? :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah it’s good that he drives sometimes or does ■■■■■■ etc (was funny him playing with that $6m? trailer when they were having an audit) but I think at times he snaps quickly, but I suppose if you just get on with the job then you got nothing to worry about

MMMMMMMmmmm,yeah.
TV requires some exageration to get ratings.
His company constanty advertises for drivers----reason?
He was on one episode threatening to "Burn ya f*ckin house down if you don’t do what I want"By not ensuring the proper paperwork was done by the consignor-and he threatened his driver.

hhagroup.net/careers/

That’s so tempting

flyer747:
what channel is it on?

It’s on today at 12:30 on Dave channel.

Jelliot:
We haul a lot of heavy gear, mainly our own stuff in and out of the forests, and I know a lot of guys that moved west and north do heavy haul to and from the mines. I don’t know if he (Kelly) was told to act like that for the cameras, but if he spoke to some of the blokes I know like that he would be flat on the floor.
The way he talks to his employes in unacceptable, there are better ways to motivate a work force, his attitude is not typical of Australian transport. Shame really as the program is well shot.

Jeff…

It is a good prog. but i do think its playing up for the cameras.

I’ve watched a couple of episodes,it was ok,just a question though,why do the trucks have that huge long gearstick,it seems to be about level with the drivers shoulder,looks kind of stupid

GOG47:
I’ve watched a couple of episodes,it was ok,just a question though,why do the trucks have that huge long gearstick,it seems to be about level with the drivers shoulder,looks kind of stupid

I think they consider it COOL, some have them in the US & Canada, usually in a Peterbuilt. They also drop the seat down as low as it goes so if you look in the side window, you only see there heads.
I did hear once that it was all started in the southern US by black drivers, but don’t know if that’s right.

neilg14:

GOG47:

I think they consider it COOL, some have them in the US & Canada, usually in a Peterbuilt. They also drop the seat down as low as it goes so if you look in the side window, you only see there heads.
I did hear once that it was all started in the southern US by black drivers, but don’t know if that’s right.

Ah well,whatever floats yer boat,cheers