Humboldt

flat to the mat:
Hey Russ , I’m all for the new regs because something had to change , the driving standards are dreadful especially from the increasing number of Taliban , obtaining a class 1 was a farce here previously as we both know .
We’re struggling to find drivers already , offer a great package , but don’t get any decent applicants . Been advertising on Indeed for months now , 3 people were interviewed and all unsuitable .We took on one bloke last summer but he crashed a company pickup so was let go . Would appear nobody wants the trucking jobs anymore , tbh with all the electronic monitoring systems and recording devices I can see why not .
Decent driver shortage = kerching for the likes of us :wink:

Hopefully “kerching” will happen too. . . Just had our pay overhauled at our place to finally be paid hourly instead of by the KM. Will be interesting to see what the industry will hold in a few years time when the old boys start to call it a day and young guns struggle to find $10k to fund their class 1 as well as the air brakes course and the 113 hours needed to complete it all. I consider myself lucky as I managed to do my class 1 before all of this came in and only cost me about $1500 instead of up to $11k with everything else involved. hopefully the state of some of the driving by our east Indian cousins will improve too but time will ultimately tell how and if this new regulation will work in the long run