Crap pay :(

Pat Hasler:

flat to the mat:
You need to be very careful Pat , regularly running over because of a “breakdown” will get your arse nailed to the wall should the authorities choose . Safe haven can be excused periodically but that’s about the limit .
Maybe you need to change jobs :laughing:

I agree, that’s why I try to avoid it at all costs but when I am in the middle of nowhere there is no way I am going to sit for 8 or 10 hours with no facilities, I have even told a DOT cop that once when I pointed out to him at an inspection that I had run over time to reach safe parking with such facilities, he agreed and let the matter go. Our elogs actually have the 2 hour exemption visible on the screen and if I go over the 14 hours it just shows 2 extra hours available but it only allows it once in every working week. I would never use it to get home if it means passing a truck stop or service area, I have often spent the night at the truck stop in Wilton NY which is only 30 minutes from home to avoid doing so, on some occasions Kate has driven out to the place to have dinner with me LOL.

Pat, this is exactly why I hate these Elogs, and nothing with being able to get the job done, say you’re 20mins from the truckstop you want to stop at and 2 hrs or whatever past the last one, with a paper log, do the extra 20mins, with Elog, up ■■■■ creek or stop 2hrs before which has ■■■■■■ that day up and the next day and then add speed limiters in the mix, mileage down = pay down.
I’m glad I gave up long haul, now, no logs, I stay within 160K’s of base, speed limiter to 121kph and hourly pay.