"Plan B"- *Trondheim Trucking*

Well, I had actually been offered a chance to work in Norway a few years ago (non-driving) but choose to go on a working holiday to New Zealand before I was too old to get a work visa therefore I knew a bit about Scandinavia already. When I got back to the UK one of my first jobs was loading a racing car in Peterborough for delivery to Immingham docks for a Norwegian customer and things kind of progressed from there. I then met a Norwegian teacher in Nottingham married to an Englishman and learned to speak the language in my spare time. Probably difficult to get a job there without speaking the language but once you’re actually there almost everyone speaks English to you. For some strange reason I seemed to get a better reception from the locals when I spoke English as they recognized the British accent straight away as opposed to “general foreigner” whilst speaking Norwegian. Most places presumed I was Polish or Latvian etc. as like most countries there a more than a few Eastern Europeans drivers around but then seemed quite shocked that I was English but could speak another language.