Plans for future?

Thought id start a new post with peoples plans for the future be it 5 or 10 year plans, where you would like to see your self.

Owning your own truck, moving overseas or a great company you would like to work for?

Myself… I would like to find a good local job for a few years after i have gainned loads of exp at the co op getting in and out of the tight loading areas we have, aswell as that i want to see my boy grow up and go to school and then go off and do euro work as my wife and i have spoke about it and as its my main goal its best to wait till the kids are in school.

I dont think i would like the idea of owning my own lorry maybe if i had come in to alot of money for start up costs and such never say never tho.

20 year plan would like to see my family overseas somewhere.

Hoping this could be a good topic.

Dan

Alive, healthy and with all the organs I was born with.
As for work, whoever will pay me for what I enjoy and wherever that may be, I hav’nt found a place outside Britain yet that I can honestly say I would be fully comfortable moving to, there are lots of lovely places out there, just not found the right place yet for me.

moving back to Andover after 40 years away and working for the co-op

dryliner:
moving back to Andover after 40 years away and working for the co-op

Why…

grew up in Andover in the 60s & 70s always had a bit of a soft spot for the place, visit every 2 to 3 yrs, though almost unrecognizable from the small market town as it was

dryliner:
grew up in Andover in the 60s & 70s always had a bit of a soft spot for the place, visit every 2 to 3 yrs, though almost unrecognizable from the small market town as it was

yeah ive lived here all my days my family use to run a few pubs in andover and around it in the 70s & 80s The station hotel and the one at bullington cross which is now a scrap metal place. andover is getting bigger with all the new houses going up, but more shops are closing…moved very far from andover?

when do you start at the co op?

I plan to own 5000 trucks and undercut stobarts, wincanton, and maritime. I will also be the drummer in a famous band along with winning a few oscars for my leading roles in blockbuster films.
I also see myself getting a seat for red bull and hopefully winning the Monaco Grand Prix but not before Nicole Sherzinger finishes Lewis Hamilton for me first, I plan to make my move on her when I throw a party on my 120ft yacht that will be parked in the harbour, of course I will have to kick my other 20 model girlfriends out first but it’s ok because I just do what I want and of course I will just sweep the 200 kilos of cocaine and MDMA into the sea once the party is over, It’s just there for people if they want it at one of my party’s, Its ok though because I will own many acres in Bolivia and Laos so it doesn’t matter if some goes to waste.
I will also have many many houses, hotels and beach huts in all 4 corners of the earth and I will also be the first man on Mars. I will wipe out cancer and my name will be remembered forever along with me as I will develop a pill that keeps me as healthy, young and good looking as I am now.

Plans for this year, to pass my test on the 30th. Go onto atleast passing my Cat C license, going onto a job where I’m paid decent money not micky mouse money. And to pass my forklift licenses :slight_smile:

Plans in 5-10 years time to get experience driving artics around the UK & Europe then move on to driving trucks into Canada. Has been the dream since I was 13, but as long as I’m living the childhood dream I’m not too fussed. More of a show boat to those who said I couldn’t and wouldn’t. :slight_smile: Sad I know but at least it’s something to work for :smiley:

Also to go to Truckfest Scotland & Original this year also starting to take more pictures again. :slight_smile: Lucky for me my new slr camera is coming on Thursday :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Hopefully it will be something other than driving for me by then. Got a lot of hope that I’ll be able to leave the game for something else this year, fingers crossed.

But if I’m still stuck doing what I’m doing now in 5-10 yrs time, then I can say in all honesty that I sincerely wouldn’t care if I was dead instead. In fact, I’d rather be.

As I shall be 80 by then, just to be here would be OK!

COOKiEEES!!:
But if I’m still stuck doing what I’m doing now in 5-10 yrs time, then I can say in all honesty that I sincerely wouldn’t care if I was dead instead. In fact, I’d rather be.

:open_mouth:

Cheer up, it ain’t that bad.

FarnboroughBoy11:
I plan to own 5000 trucks and undercut stobarts, wincanton, and maritime. I will also be the drummer in a famous band along with winning a few oscars for my leading roles in blockbuster films.
I also see myself getting a seat for red bull and hopefully winning the Monaco Grand Prix but not before Nicole Sherzinger finishes Lewis Hamilton for me first, I plan to make my move on her when I throw a party on my 120ft yacht that will be parked in the harbour, of course I will have to kick my other 20 model girlfriends out first but it’s ok because I just do what I want and of course I will just sweep the 200 kilos of cocaine and MDMA into the sea once the party is over, It’s just there for people if they want it at one of my party’s, Its ok though because I will own many acres in Bolivia and Laos so it doesn’t matter if some goes to waste.
I will also have many many houses, hotels and beach huts in all 4 corners of the earth and I will also be the first man on Mars. I will wipe out cancer and my name will be remembered forever along with me as I will develop a pill that keeps me as healthy, young and good looking as I am now.

Sounds much like my 1 year plan. No point planning any further than that, as I’ll be dead by then but it will be worth it :smiley:

Hope to pass my Cat C next month and move on to C+E as soon as possible after that. Then the real work begins trying to find a job. Even if I can’t get a job, passing my C+E will be the realisation of a childhood ambition, so I’m not looking too far ahead beyond that at the moment. This time next year I would like to be out of this office (my home for the past 9 years in this most recent stint, and 8 years previous to that) and down the road. Can’t spend any more of my life staring at the same wall and being subjected to ridiculous office politics! I know the grass isn’t likely to be any greener on the other side of the fence, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do and I’ll never know if I don’t try it.