Is this realistic?

A local HGV training centre nesr me is advertising a special internet deal that will take you from class B to C+E.

They are offering 6 days tuition and two tests.

Is this a realsitic time scale to achieve competance for a test?

GEE :confused:

I take it you mean going from having a Cat B Licence, (car only) to having your C+E in six daysā€¦

Well, oviously it all depends on the person and his/her apptitude, and skills as a driver.
It would mean two days training rigid, and test on the third day, and then 2 days training artic, and test on the sixth dayā€¦

I wouldā€™nt have thought that would be a very good way to do it, but there might be others that think it is.

How much are they charging for this??

Hi Andy,Xmas post,you wouldā€™nt get your "C "back in time,would you?
Regards Jamie.

If you pass your class C you must then have the entitlement on your licence to go for class C+E! not sure how you could get your licence sent and returned so quick! Personally i dont think its possible!

Sorry to confuse everyoneā€¦

what I meant was 6 days total tuiton, not all necassecā€¦ at the same tim!!!(canā€™t spell)

They are charging Ā£1655

do a search 'HGV in stockport and checkout the site

GEE

In that case, yes I think it is possible! but only for a gifted few!

If its 6 days training for C & C+E, ask what thier pass rate is & what happens if you fail class C.
Seems very suspect to me.

gee

that seems like a lot of work for 3 days on each.

ask a few on here you could spend a day just going backwards.seems like a crash course not something i would like to do personally.

a lot of craming there you got to learn reverse,coupling ,uncoupling brake test gear change thats a lot of work for a few days!

i would steer clear of it,but if your that confident go for it but Ā£1600+ is a lot of money to throw up the wall

jon

Thecritic:
ā€¦snipā€¦not sure how you could get your licence sent and returned so quick! Personally i dont think its possible!

I hadnt thought about getting your licence backā€¦

Well, I had four days training for my class 2, and I will be having four days for my class 1, but as Jonboy said, one whole day is basically spent going backwards so thats two days out of the six goneā€¦ two days doing everything else??, Controlled Stop, Gear change Exercise, etc etc

Like everyone elseā€¦ I would be very causious (spelling??)

Nah, too dodgy. Avoid it.

According to my instructor when I did my class 2 and then class 1 ā€œI was made for the jobā€ which given the number of times he said I took as a compliment for being a fairly good driver and getting the hang of it well. This was a week long course with 4 hrs driving each day with the test on the Friday and an hours driving before the test and on the class 2 this was a piece of pee for me. I picked it up no probs and passed first go with 5 minors.

The class 1 test most certainly requires a lot more effort and it definitely requires a certain aptitude and attitude; youā€™ve got to WANT to do it. Like has been said, youā€™ve got to send off your class 2 pass certificate and money and wait for it to come back (not usually any LESS than 10 days) before you can start your class 1 training. As also mentioned, the driving forwards part isnā€™t much different to driving a class 2 apart from taking bigger swings round corners and generally having better manoeuvrability but youā€™ll spend 70% of the training going backwards as this is the hardest part by far.

Again, my class 1 training was over a 5 day period with the training being 4hrs per day Mon-Thurs then an hour before the test on the Friday. I donā€™t know about anyone else, but when I passed the car test many moons ago and also the class 2, I felt a distinct ease about the whole thing and was confident that I was going to pass. Of course not everyone is the same and some peoples nerves will be greater/lesser than others but in comparison to my car & class 2 test I didnā€™t feel 100% confident when going in for my class 1 although I wasnā€™t far off. I was proud to pass with only 3 minors however.

The point Iā€™m making there is that someone who is fairly ā€œdriving mindedā€ and adapts easily to new surroundings (ie. artics over rigids) took 17hrs (5 days) tuition and didnā€™t feel 100% confident for test so what chance does one stand having 2-3 days training? One could argue that it might well be 5hrs+ per day tuition with this company and then the test but I can testify myself that 4hrs virtually solid driving & concentrating hard is more than enough for anyone new to the game and anything more than that is pure torture and simply destined for disaster.

Avoid it kid. Look elsewhere.