Getting lessons - some questions

Hi all,

I have just passed my theory test first time - 35/35 on the Qs, 59/75 on the Haz Percep. I have now booked my training (5 days inc test day) and was fortunate enough to be offered a £300 reduction 'cos of EC funding :slight_smile: I had a free assessment - gr8 fun.

I have a few numpty questions though!

Once I have my ‘C’ do I need to do a theory test again before ‘C+E’?

How much can I earn doing what sort of work? What should I expect at first? (Class C - is that LGV2■■) I live near buckingham.

What are the different types of work, and what do they mean (eg, Trunking, multi-drop etc - ok multi-drop is obvious!)

Thanks for any help/

Once I have my ‘C’ do I need to do a theory test again before ‘C+E’?

Nope you only have to do the theory once! as long as you pass the test within 2 years of passing the theory.

How much can I earn doing what sort of work? What should I expect at first? (Class C - is that LGV2■■) I live near buckingham.

Pass :smiley:

What are the different types of work, and what do they mean (eg, Trunking, multi-drop etc - ok multi-drop is obvious!)

Trunking is where you normaly do the same run all the time, and or just do a trailer swap then back to base!

Tramping is where you will be out all week sometimes a lot more sleeping in your waggon.

Thanks for any help

Your welcome!

Welcome to truckNet hope you learn something and contine to visit, once you have learned you can then maybe be ready to offer the advice to other new drivers.

Welcome to Truck Net uk JayHoe and well done on
passing your theory test. The theory test last for
2 years so If you pass class 2 and then do class 1
before the 2 years ends. As for the other questions
I cannot answer as I am also new. good look with
everything and keep us posted with your progress.

Convoy :slight_smile:

The theory test last for
before the 2 years ends

Not quite right!

Once you have passed the theory test and passed your class C within 2 years of your theory, you can then do your C+E anytime without having to re-take a theory!

TC:

The theory test last for
before the 2 years ends

Not quite right!

Once you have passed the theory test and passed your class C within 2 years of your theory, you can then do your C+E anytime without having to re-take a theory!

That’s nice to know TC about doing your C+E
anytime without having to re-take a theory.
I assumed after 2 years they would add extra
things to the test and want more money off us.
also now I know what Trunking and Tramping
mean.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Cheers Guys and thanks for the warm welcome. Looking thru some of the threads, I saw someone mention a website called Jobcenter (■■) has anyone got the proper addy? It would be great to look at what sort of work is available.

Cheers

JayHoe:
Cheers Guys and thanks for the warm welcome. Looking thru some of the threads, I saw someone mention a website called Jobcenter (■■) has anyone got the proper addy? It would be great to look at what sort of work is available.

Cheers

Hi John,

Good luck with your lessons and test. This link will take you to the Jobcentre site…

Cheer Sir!

Thanks a lot - gonna have a quick peek now.

convoy:
That’s nice to know TC about doing your C+E anytime without having to re-take a theory.
I assumed after 2 years they would add extra things to the test and want more money off us.

Nope. I passed my C+E on 1st October, but I took my LGV theory test in July 2002 (I passed C in October 2002), and I had my medical done in December 2001. I didn’t have to redo the theory or the medical.

Hi Jayhoe, congratulations on your theory and hazard perception. Welcome to the madhouse (trucknetuk). Ask all the numpty questions you like - no one u’ll think any the worse of you for it. It’s the only way you learn :wink: .

JayHoe:
Cheers Guys and thanks for the warm welcome. Looking thru some of the threads, I saw someone mention a website called Jobcenter (■■) has anyone got the proper addy?

jobcentre plus website: www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk

All the best