Oh well, maybe 3rd time lucky?

Just had my 2nd attempt at class 2 this morning at Bishopbriggs, and failed miserably. My 12 year old niece could have done a better job of the test, with her eyes shut.
Knew I had blown it before even getting out of the test centre. Ashamed to admit it, but I even managed to make a mess of the reverse excercise. I reversed into the “bay” straight as you like, then stopped 4 feet short, because I got my reference marks confused. DOH!!
After that, my heart wasn’t quite in it, and had an altercation with a bin lorry which was emptying bins in Kirkintilloch. Ended up with 3 serious and 3 minor faults.
Never mind, another £180 down the drain, and still no license. Could be worse though…
Until the next time,
AL.

Stick with it AL you know you can do it…

Sounds like my little escapade with my class 1, 3rd round coming up, thought I’d failed on the controlled stop 1st time and reverse 2nd time. Both of which were unfounded but did take the stuffing out of the tests. Concentration and seeing the big picture must be the name of the game.

Good luck…

Keep at it mate, its hard to keep yourself going but when you do pass it will be worth while and soon become a distant memory

i failed my class 1 yesterday! cant beleive im putting myself through it all again!

sorry to hear the news :frowning: The lad I was training with missed the reversing at Bishopbriggs and passed :open_mouth: , he was out by the same distance as you and all the instructors in the waiting room with me said he’s fail. I had to go out in the same truck after him, and when I aproached him, he didn’t look too chirpy, I was very reluctant to ask how it went and was pleasantly surprised when he told me he’d passed. He had no idea his reverse was bad, and couldn’t believe it when I told him how much he’d missed the mark by.
Gordy

Keep at it alcraw62 and you will get there.
all the best for the future and the next test :slight_smile:

alcraw62 i passed my class 2 4th time so i have every confidence you can do it

all the best for next time to both you and milkymay :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to hear your bad news Al and Mike… I failed my first class one… I dont think that there are many people how do actually pass first time…
But at the end of the day, you have put all your time and effort into it. You must be good enough to sit the test and drive to test standard otherwise your instructor would say so… so it can only be nerves that are causing the mistakes…

Just keep with it guys… you’ll get it in the end… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Stick with it Al,keep plugging away and it will fall into place.

Keep yer chin up :smiley:

Dan.

Sorry to hear the news, but don’t let it get you down I 've posted my sad attempts some where else on this site. I had an accident on my class one and still passed so you never know.
Good luck next time around
that was my third try.

Thanks for all the encouragement folks. Don’t have too long to wait for my next try, a week on Friday [3rd December].
Please, please, this time!! I’ll be a good boy and give up all the things that are bad for me. Apart from the bike of course, Gordy. See you on the Scottish run in May??
Al.

Alcraw, I failed my Class 2 twice, passed on my third go :wink: Mikemay, I failed my first Class 1 and passed second time. Was so nervous, I couldn’t remember the couple uncouple sequence. Had two minors as well :unamused: . Can still remember how ruddy dissapointed I was (and how elated I felt) when I’d finally passed both tests. You just need a bit of luck on the day as well as a good drive. :wink: . Good luck with your next tests both.

You just need a bit of luck on the day

I have said that time & time again! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

But now I am thinking that Luck has nothing to do with passing the test! :open_mouth:

The reasons.

Well they is no doubt that a driving test is stressful be it car or truck! And they is no doubt that what others do on the road will/can change the way you/we drive.

Now driving can be a stressful occupation, we all know that!
Also they are nutters on the road before, during and after we take a test!

All these mediums can and sometimes do happen during a test! its the pupils opportunity to prove to an examiner that he/she can drive during times of stress/unusual 3rd party driving!

It is now my opinion that luck is only a very small part of a driving test.
Drivers will pass if and when they are ready!

Thats not to say anyone wasn’t unlucky for their failed test!

But again its my opinion that if you give the examiner a good drive you will pass regardless of luck!

Remember the UK LGV test is the hardest driving test in the world! and I for one, am happy about that!

Totaly agree with that TC, but I must admit, as I think most people would, It comes down to experience… Corners that had me quaking in my boots, during the training, and during the test, and even for a few weeks after passing, I now take without really thinking about it, coz you learn how the unit, and trailer react. Corners I used to clip with the trailer, are now miles away from the back wheels, and its only coz I have had a little experience in driving artics… and the thought of taking the test is not there anymore…

Good points Andy. I haven’t had the opportunity to drive over any of the test route I took, but I would be interested to do so. Like to have a go at driving Truck and drag again just ot compare them with the artic.

sorry to hear that m8,hope you get it next time.who did you do it with ritchies by any chance? :wink:

No, I did my bike training with Ritchies about 20 years ago, but I decided to go with Highfield Heavies [Pat Johnstone] over in Dalry for the class 2. Mainly because she is closer to where I live, but she is also cheaper than Ritchies and does 1 on 1 training rather than Ritchies [2 on 1].

so why did they take you all the way to bishopbriggs to do the test,rather than in the ayrshire area :question: seems strange that they took you to an area that you did not know.they normally stick to the area’s that your instructor would take you on.if your oinstructor did not take you on this route knowing that it was possible that you’d be taken there,then he/she was at fault there.i’d be asking why they didn’t. :wink:

I was under the impression that Bishopbriggs is the only LGV test centre in the west of Scotland, but stand to be corrected??

i’m sure the local driving instructors in ayr don’t travel all the way to bishopbriggs for their students to get tested,if this is the case why take them round the roads of ayrshire if they will be doing their test somewhere in bishopbriggs.i’m trying to remember the name of the lgv trging company that i see in and around moorefield industrial estate on their tacho break.it will come to me. :wink: