Class 2 serial test saga

I have just passed my class 2 last wednesday morning thats the good news , the bad news is it took SEVEN attempts. :blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: This has been an epic struggle of motivation and sheer bloody mindedness just to succeed i feel i have lost a certain sense of pride in my self for taking so long almost 9 months on and off and if it wasn’t for my dear old pator and my beloved brother putting up most of the money between them i could not have afforded to participate in these shenanigans in the first place !!! the only reason i have bothered to put this up is for the people out there in trucknet land who have failed their tests many times like me , who read these pages and do not post, we don’t all pass first or second time round, so i would like to say ,believe in yourself,and NEVER GIVE IN !!! :wink: :wink: BEG, BORROW OR STEAL the cash to carry on ( open an account at the dsa if you have to, only joking!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )and you too could be invited to the dsa christmas do!!! :wink: :wink: but seriously . keep the faith!! and be inspired!!!. when you pass the feeling is awesome, am still smiling!!! all the best ian

Congratulations on passing, you are living proof that determination will win out in the end. Nice one.

Congratulations. My wife is on 5 fails for a car, so I know how you must feel.

Well done Roadrunner, goes to show that perseverance is the key

Now live up to your nickname and get out there :laughing: :laughing:

Well done for passing and not giving up.
Dont put yourself down roadrunner as
passing first time does not make you a
better driver. Also to people that dont post
and feel embarrassed about failing dont be
as we all have failed sometime in our life
and knowone will laugh at you and maybe
someone might be able to help you to pass.

Congratulations on passing :slight_smile:

convoy:
Also to people that dont post
and feel embarrassed about failing dont be
as we all have failed sometime in our life
and no one will laugh at you and maybe
someone might be able to help you to pass. :slight_smile:

TOO TRUE.

agreed with everything above,well done and i hope that this is inspirration to them secret viewiers on tn,get in here and post and let us read your stories.and it might surprise you,you might get the little hints/tips to get you passed your test no matter wot your doing it in. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oh and welcome to trucknet :wink:

Thanks for all the replies :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :bulb: :bulb: Have any of you folks heard of the buddy driving scheme â– â– ? I Think the upshot is basically all of you experienced people register to be sort off guardian angels to us newbies.When we get stuck in unfamiliar situations or unfamiliar kit we ring one of you on the old moby for help and advice obviously it would be a like for like job ,eg container work on class one or hi-ab work on class two,if im wrong im sure you lot will put me right!!! :smiley: :smiley: what do you thinkâ– â– ? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Edited. K

I think the buddy idea is great. In my last job offshore if I needed help all I did was phone the control room or shout on my radio.
I’m putting my driving buddy on my moby now!
Gordy

Thanks gordy!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Gordy, thanks for posting the link to this site on the Diversions site. This will be my first post then…
I sat my class 2 a few weeks ago at Bishopbriggs, and wasn’t having a good day when it came to turning right at traffic lights. At one ‘T’ junction, I was told to turn right at the lights. On the approach to the lights is a yellow box [for cars accessing shops on the left], and then there is a small space of about a cars length before the stop line at the lights. As I’m approaching the junction, front of the lorry is already in the yellow box when lights turn amber. By the time I’m at the stop line they are at red, so I stop, with the back half of the lorry stuck in yellow box. Serious fault, says the examiner later. Second serious fault was for stopping too suddenly at another set of lights which changed just before I was turning right. Had I not been on test I would have gone through,but made one of those split second decisions to stop. Fair enough, shouldn’t have done it!! Re-sitting on 23rd November. Have to pass, can’t afford another £200, and need a job now…
Al.

Hope all goes well for you alcraw62
on the 23rd November and you pass.

All the best :slight_smile:

Well I’ve got to put my hand up and admit earlier this year I passed my class 2 on the fourth attempt and my Class 1 on the third attempt. It cost me a lot of money I could have done without spending. But the point is I am now employed as a Class 1 (C+E) driver and enjoying it. I would also add that the learning doesn’t end when you pass your test . If I hadn’t prepaid my Class 2 I would have given up when I passed and not even tried for my class 1, I’m glad I didn’t .

Al,
I hope you get the examiner in as good a mood as I did, we hardly stopped blethering throughout the test :smiley:
I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :wink:
Gordy