How a TNUK member passed the CPC Mod 4 test

this is great,thanks,can i ask is here about this cpc thing is it pass or fail, whats the score on it just intrested on it,

tashman:
this is great,thanks,can i ask is here about this cpc thing is it pass or fail, whats the score on it just intrested on it,

Initial driver cpc consists of 2 pass or fail tests
Module 2 theory
Module 4 practical

Periodic driver cpc is 35 hours of attendance with no tests

Hi all I have just came back from my mod 4 test today I got 95% so really happy but I would like to point out that PDF from flair training was bang on and far better than any revision material given to me by my trainer. I had 2 hours training before my test but really I just used the vehicle to relate to the printed out flair training to get me ready for test and that along with a good instructor I felt confident. Would also like to stress I went with another lad who had his tes before me and he failed due to not demonstrating enough and just telling the examiner what he would do

But thanks to this forum and all of the good advice on here I passed and now have a start on Monday driving a 18t road sweeper thanks again Neil

This is very helpful thanks for posting this! Doing mine at the end of the month will post the questions up on here many thanks.

hgvhgv:
This is very helpful thanks for posting this! Doing mine at the end of the month will post the questions up on here many thanks.

Hi hgvhgv,

Thanks for that mate!! :smiley:

Please don’t let your attempt at remembering the questions prevent you from passing though. :grimacing:

great advice, i passed mine monday just gone. if anyone needs anything else, dont hesitate to ask

Passed this today took about 10 mins because it was raining and the examiner wanted to get it finished he practically told me the answers as we were walking round!
If your doing this best advice is to use the flair pdf as the questions on test are worded pretty much the same!

hgvhgv:
Passed this today took about 10 mins because it was raining and the examiner wanted to get it finished he practically told me the answers as we were walking round!
If your doing this best advice is to use the flair pdf as the questions on test are worded pretty much the same!

LOL! Maybe that was the same examiner mentioned above who finds these tests boring :laughing:

Could well be if he is from Slyfield Guildford!!!

Here is for anyone that needs any help with mod 4 cpc this is the stuff in short I was given when I done mine.
There are a couple of things on here that may not be relevant to hgv but is a part of the cpc anyways.

Part 4 the CPC questions asked these are the main questions and answers.

DRIVER CPC MODULE 4 TEST QUESTIONS

1a Where would you find the unladen weight of this vehicle?
b How much extra weight would there be should 15 passengers board?
c Carrying 15 cases?
d 100 litres of fuel?

1a Should be displayed on the nearside of the vehicle
b 15 passengers = 1000kg/1 tonne
c 15 cases = 330kg/0.33 tonnes
d 100 litres of fuel = 100kg/0.1 tonnes

2 Show me how you would check all passenger seats on this vehicle for comfort and safety.

Seat should be subject to visual scrutiny including anchor points to floor
If cushion is separately fitted, must be checked to ensure it will not detach from seat when braking.
Ensure no sharp objects such as loose trim could snag skin or clothes.
Trim should be clean and not soiled in any way.

3 You are parked at a border crossing and have left the vehicle unattended; show me what security checks you would make before driving through customs.

Check all lockers (internal & external)
Check under all seating areas
Check engine compartment
Consult passenger list to ensure correct numbers of legitimate passengers were crossing border.

4 You are driving on a motorway and flames appear from under the bonnet. Show me how you would deal with this small electrical wiring fire.
b Would you identify which extinguisher you should NOT use on this fire?

Stop as quickly and safely as possible on the hard shoulder and lead all passengers to a safe place.
Awareness of need to contact emergency services.
Isolate the vehicle disconnect electrical supply and fuel cut off switch.

b Identify extinguisher NOT to be used on electrical systems — should NOT be water.

5 From the drivers seat and externally, show me and explain the daily safety checks you would make to this vehicle before driving on the road:

Brakes Horn Exhaust system
Lights Mirrors Speed limiter setting
Tyres Speedometer/tacho
Wipers/washers Reflectors/number plates

1 Show me the docking area for wheelchairs on this vehicle?
a Explain how you would secure a wheelchair.
b Which way should the wheelchair face.
c Please show me the different vehicular access points a wheelchair user might use.

1 Candidate to point out where in the vehicle a wheelchair must be parked.
a Explain the use of anchor points.
b Which way the chair must face — towards the rear.
c Shows different vehicular access points for a wheelchair user.

2 You are about to make a long journey in very cold weather. Show me the checks you would make to this vehicle’s mirrors and visual aids to ensure they are in a serviceable condition.

Ensure that all mirrors are properly adjusted for best possible view to the rear.
Make sure that they are all clean.
In winter make full use of any demisting/heating elements fitted to the mirrors.
Keep the lenses and screens of any rear view video equipment clean and clear.

3 You’ve had a comfort break just before boarding a cross channel ferry. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle before driving through customs.

Check external compartments
Check under and on top (visual if possible) of the vehicle
Consult passenger list to ensure correct numbers of legitimate passengers were crossing border.

4 Show me where, and explain how, a fire might start on this vehicle.
a Please look at this picture - which extinguisher would you NOT use on an electrical fire?

Walk round visual check of tyres and electrical equipment
Visual check for fuel leaks from tank/filler cap
Passengers carrying flammable items on to vehicle

a Identifies water and/or foam extinguisher as NOT to be used on electrical fire

5 From the drivers seat and externally, show me and explain the daily safety checks you would make to this vehicle before driving on the road:

Tyres Speedometer/tacho

b How much extra weight would there be should 45 passengers board?
c Carrying 45 cases?
d 250 litres of fuel?
Should be displayed on the nearside of the vehicle
45 passengers = 3000kg/3 tonnes
45 cases = 1000kg/1 tonne
250 litres of fuel = 250kg/0.25 tonnes

2 Show me how you would check the vehicle interior for passenger comfort and safety.

Check overhead luggage rack, grab rails to ensure fitted securely
Check trim(s) secure and not loose, check for any sharp objects
Check floor is in good condition and clean
Check for anything that could cause slip/trips or could soil/damage clothing

3 You are parked at a border crossing and following a rest break you suspect that your vehicle may have been tampered with. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle before driving through customs.

Check external and internal compartments

4 Please walk round the vehicle and explain to me what projections and overhangs there are.
b Describe what allowances you would have to make for these projections and overhangs when driving this vehicle.

Identify overhangs and projections (front, rear, mirrors)
Overhangs can sweep over kerbs when turning, colliding with street furniture, pedestrians other vehicles
Mirror projections can come into contact with street furniture, pedestrians and other vehicles.
Good all round observation is required as well as effective use of mirrors to check for rear end sweep.

Tyres Speedometer/tacho

1 Show me and explain how to use the kneeling suspension and wheelchair ramp/lift to allow disabled passengers or pushchair users to board and alight safely.

Ensure vehicle was parked close to the kerb
Secure the vehicle by applying the handbrake and engage neutral
Is able to use the kneeling floor facitity
Shows that the ramp was at an adequate angle to allow the user to safely board or alight

2 On entering your vehicle for the first time, show me all of the practical and visual safety checks you would make before starting the engine, which I would like you to do.
b Show me what else you would do before moving away from a bus stop.

Cockpit drill to include warning system checks - sufficient fuel for journey.
Check handbrake neutral before starting engine.
Doors working correctly and closed before moving away
Is aware of vehicle height (sign check) width and weight.

3 You’ve had a comfort break before boarding a cross channel ferry. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle before driving through customs.

4 You are driving along a busy main road and are alerted to a small fire which is centre around the fuel system.
b Show me how you would deal with this situation.
c Which extinguisher would you NOT use on a fuel fire?

Stop as quickly and safely as possible
Get all passengers off the vehicle and contact the emergency services
Isolate the vehicle disconnect electrical supply and isolate fuel cut off switch
Identify extinguisher to be use on fuel fire — should NOT be water

Tyres Speedometer/tacho

1 Show me the docking area for wheelchairs on this vehicle?
a Explain how you would secure a wheelchair.
b Which way should the wheelchair face.
c Please show me the different vehicular access points a wheelchair user might use.

1 Candidate to point out where in the vehicle a wheelchair must be parked.
a Explain the use of anchor points.
b Which way the chair must face — towards the rear.
c Shows different vehicular access points for a wheelchair user.

2 Show me how you would check all passenger seats on this vehicle for comfort and safety.

Seat should be subject to visual scrutiny including anchor points to floor
If cushion is separately fitted, must be checked to ensure it will not detach from seat when braking.
Ensure no sharp objects such as loose trim could snag skin or clothes.
Trim should be clean and not soiled in any way.

3 You’ve had a comfort break before boarding a cross channel ferry. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle before driving through customs.

4 Show me and explain all aspects of the safety checks to be made prior to moving away from a bus stop after boarding an elderly infirm passenger or pushchair user.

Ensure that the kneeling facility/wheelchair ramp is safely secured
All doors closed before moving away
All passengers have reached a secure and safe position
Check nearside mirror for any late passengers before moving away.

Tyres Speedometer/tacho

1 Show me and explain how to use the kneeling suspension and wheelchair ramp/lift to allow disabled passengers or pushchair users to board and alight safely.

Ensure vehicle was parked close to the kerb
Secure the vehicle by applying the handbrake and engage neutral
Is able to use the kneeling floor facility
Shows that the ramp was at an adequate angle to allow the user to safely board or alight

2 Show me how you would check all seat belts for their condition.
b What are the legal requirements governing their use and your responsibility in this matter.

Seat belts are securely fitted at anchor points — tug to check
Belt is clean and in good condition
Signs must be in place to advise passengers that seat belts must be worn if fitted/driver instructions given
Drivers should ensure passengers who may be unable to read/understand signs are informed of the legal requirements.

3 You are parked at a border crossing and following a rest break you suspect that your vehicle may have been tampered with. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle before driving through customs.

4 Show me where, and explain how, a fire might start on this vehicle.
a Please look at this picture - which extinguisher would you NOT use on an electrical fire?

Walk round visual check of tyres and electrical equipment
Visual check for fuel leaks from tank/filler cap
Passengers carrying flammable items on to vehicle
Identifies water and/or foam extinguisher as NOT to be used on electrical fire.

Tyres Speedometer/tacho

b How much extra weight would there be should 45 passengers board?
c Carrying 45 cases?
d 250 litres of fuel?

b 45 passengers = 3000kg/3 tonnes
c 45 cases = 1000kg/1 tonne
d 250 litres of fuel = 250kg/0.25 tonnes

2 Show me how you would check the vehicle interior for passenger comfort and safety.

Check overhead luggage rack, grab rails to ensure fitted securely
Check trim(s) secure and not loose, check for any sharp objects
Check floor is in good condition and clean
Check for anything that could cause slip/trips or could soil/damage clothing

3 You are parked at a border crossing and have left the vehicle unattended. Show me what security checks you would make to this vehicle before driving through customs.

Check under and on top (visual if possible) of the vehicle/check engine compartment

4 You are driving on a motorway and flames appear around one of your tyres. Show me how you would deal with this small fire.
b Please look at this picture - which extinguisher would you NOT use on an electrical fire?

Stop as quickly and safely as possible on the hard shoulder
Get all passengers out of the vehicle, away from danger and contact the emergency services
Isolate the vehicle disconnect electrical supply and isolate fuel cut off switch
Identifies water and/or foam as NOT suitable

Tyres Speedometer/tacho

b How much extra weight would there be should 15 passengers board?
c Carrying 15 cases?
d 100 litres of fuel?

b 15 passengers = 1000kg/1 tonne
c 15 cases = 330kg/0.33 tonnes
d 100 litres of fuel = 100kg/0.1 tonnes

2 On entering your vehicle for the first time, show me all of the practical and visual safety checks you would make before starting the engine, which I would like you to do.
b Show me what else you would do before moving away from a bus stop.

Cockpit drill to include warning system checks - sufficient fuel for journey
Check handbrake neutral before starting engine.
Doors working correctly and closed before moving away
Is aware of vehicle height (sign check) width and weight.

3 You are parked at a border crossing and following a rest break you suspect your vehicle may have been tampered with. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle before driving through customs.

Check under and on top (visual if possible) of the vehicle/check engine compartment

4 Your vehicle is stationary, the engine is running and you are in the driving seat. You have just been involved in a road traffic incident. What would you do next?

Switch off engine
Warn other traffic by using hazard warning lights, beacons, cones, advance warning triangle etc
Contact the emergency services
Check passengers for injury

Tyres Speedometer/tacho

show me tell me section

TOPIC
SHOW/TELL
QUESTION
ANSWER
Doors
Show
Show me how you would check that all doors including cargo doors, are secure
All doors must be closed and locking levers for cargo doors are set in the recommended secured position
Air
Show
Show me how you would check for air leaks on this vehicle
Charge the air tanks, consult gauges for drops in air pressure; walk round the vehicle listening for obvious leaks
Loads
Tell
Tell me the main safety factors involved in loading this vehicle
Load should be evenly distributed throughout the length so as not to affect control while driving. Any load must be carried so that it does not endanger other road users. Must be securely stowed within the size and weight limits for vehicle. Needs to be secure so that it cannot move or fall when cornering or braking.
Reflectors
Tell
Tell me how you would check the condition of the reflectors on this vehicle
Ensure that all reflectors are fitted, clean and functions — not cracked or broken
Windscreens
Tell
Tell me how you would check the condition of the windscreen and windows on this vehicle
Windscreen and windows must be clean, clear and free from defects, with no mascots or stickers that restrict view
Mudguards
Show
Show me how you would check the condition of the mudguards
As part of daily walk round check, ensure mudguards and spray suppression equipment secure

I passed my module 4 today 100% score, I got the same 5 questions that big brummie macca had, was quite easy and was done within 20 minutes.

Passed today with 95%, I have not even looked at the booklet giving to me by my training school, I just printed that Flair document off and read the questions and learned from them, cheers for the post’s and links about this topic guys as it is the reason for me passing :slight_smile:

I’m about to start training for Class C, great to find this site after weighing up a few schools round Manchester and settling on Stockport HGV. Every question I had has been learned the hard way and answered by many. Helped my mate revising for these tests as well so hopefully some of it sank in then too. Can’t wait to get started now. Thanks

life saver, many thanks

These are thebonly answeres you will ever need for the mod4!

quick question, i have a freind who is doing this module on friday but he is using a haulage firms own truck which is a scania unit with a skeletal trailer behind it with a container on it, will this be ok ■■ the truck has chrome wheel nut covers fitted also is this a problem ■■?

mark h:
quick question, i have a freind who is doing this module on friday but he is using a haulage firms own truck which is a scania unit with a skeletal trailer behind it with a container on it, will this be ok ■■ the truck has chrome wheel nut covers fitted also is this a problem ■■?

Must be a box or curtainsider - same vehicle rules as for the road test

Surely a box is the same as a container on a slider is it not ?

mark h:
Surely a box is the same as a container on a slider is it not ?

Sorry - yes it can be a container as long as it is not a sealed one

Why not a sealed 1 ■■