No pay for 45 mins rest?

Is that the norm or is my agent being petty ?

Dunno!

But its a legal requirement, so I think you should be paid.

What do you get if you do a 10 hour? 8 and 1/2 hours pay

the first 45 is usualy not paid,but the second one will be,that would seem to be the same for agency and on the books

I dont get paid for the 45 break either :cry: :cry:

im contracted from 7 - 5.45 but only paid 10 hours

but i dont argue the toss about it because most days i finish about 4 - 4.30 ish but still paid till 5.45

simon

Wheel Nut:
Dunno!

But its a legal requirement, so I think you should be paid.

That was my argument but didn’t get me anywhere. Agent claims they don’t charge client for the 45 mins, if you can belive that…

[quote=What do you get if you do a 10 hour? 8 and 1/2 hours pay[/quote]

Ah ! if I run 10 hrs then I’m docked 45 mins, but not for 8 hrs, guess for 8 1/2 hrs I’d loose 45 mins - bizzare !

sounds about right. I loose anything upto 45 min for the breaks. Some do pay all the way to finish.

Always ask the agency what the firm takes off for lunch, You should be guaranteed 8 hours, so if you havent had your 45 min & the firm takes it off, take it after 8 hours even if you dont need it. If you need it for driving hours before 8 hours stop & do nothing its there for you to rest.

The only time where it doesnt matter to you is if the shift is less than 8 hours, therefore it is to your benefit to get away sooner.

we don’t get paid for 30mins of our break,but get paid for the last 15 of your 45min break.the dhl express parcel drivers have to have 1hr lunch break and don’t get paid 4 it. :wink:

Generally speaking, it is standard for agencies not to pay for the first 45 minute break, although it can vary regionally.

The main thinking behind it seems to be that if drivers are not being paid for their breaks, then they will not skimp on the break and drop the employers in the mire. - If your not being paid for it, then you may as well take it.

The main exception is ADR work, where the driver has to take their break whilst still being responsible for the safety of the load.