Advice Needed?

Have just been offered a start with a local firm on a minimum of a 6 month contract running waste water to a treatment plant.Have this morning also been offered a start at a local firm driving a car transporter any one got any advice on the pro’s and cons of each.

I cant offer you any advice on either as ive not done either of them.
There was a post about car transporters tho that might give you some advice.
Take a look trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2029

scooby,i know that the critic ( tc) drove tankers he might be able to help you out if you pm him :wink:

Is this driving an Artic tanker on waste treatment or a rigid?

Most drivers who have drove tankers will tell you no two tankers are the same! :open_mouth: both in handling and filling/emptying be it gravity or pumps. so they are a lot of questions you would need to ask 1st! also no company can just let you go out and drive a tanker! even an experienced tanker driver would have to be shown the ropes of the tanker he will be driving! I guess that would be the same for transporters also!

You would need training not only in the filling and emptying of tankers, if they need purging or if you are carring toxic waste then you would also need the ADR licence in tanks, you would also need lessons driving one as well! Tankers drive a whole lot diferent than tauts and boxes even in a straight line!
Baffles help but if you have never driven a tanker you may be supprised! remember if your not full the chances are your tank will move more because they is more room for the liquid to move into always remember to carry a spair pair of undercrackers!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

With training you will be fine, can’t help you with transporters because I like to keep my feet on the ground!!! and if you dont like hights then transporters are not for you!!!

if it’s waste water i doubt you’d need to have an adr license… dependant upon how wasteful i guess!

tiggz:
if it’s waste water i doubt you’d need to have an adr license… dependant upon how wasteful i guess!

You would be supprised how much waste does require a ADR licence!