weight limits!

Whats the penalty for getting caught over your weight limit.
Just had the experience of driving a very very heavy class two back over the a59 to york. I soon realised i was either very close to /or overweight. When i made it back to the yard i stuck it on the weighbridge and right enough i was nearly a ton over!

Now on this occasion i didnt get stopped but if i did what would it have cost me? and how can i make sure it doesnt happen again when there are no weighbridges at loading locations?

i saw the transport guy when i got back and told him. he said that the loading location had told him i was bringing ten pallets back. When in fact i brought 14.

The guys at the loading place (strategy-nelson) also said they had phoned our place and said they told them to “take off the two empty stacks of blues” i was carrying from other jobs so i could get the 14 on

I questioned this when i got back and he denied they phoned him :open_mouth:

I got credit for the empty pallets but still dont know if they really did phone in and the tm is denying putting me over weight or they just wanted the stock out of there building. :angry:

Either way i guess i was lucky on this occasion and must say what a difference it is to drive on max weight. Was sweating a bit on some of the sharp inclines and descents on the a59. And im sure if the rozzers were about they would have guessed straight away as i was climbing some of the hills at 20mph.
:confused:
well you live and learn and i now know that 14 pallets of “foot long” toblerones is too heavy! so i wont be doing that again. :exclamation: :exclamation:

Bones:
Whats the penalty for getting caught over your weight limit.
Just had the experience of driving a very very heavy class two back over the a59 to york. I soon realised i was either very close to /or overweight. When i made it back to the yard i stuck it on the weighbridge and right enough i was nearly a ton over!

Now on this occasion i didnt get stopped but if i did what would it have cost me? and how can i make sure it doesnt happen again when there are no weighbridges at loading locations?

your licence :exclamation: :exclamation: if they wanted to make you an example :bulb: :bulb: think next time bones,don’t always believe them,gut instinct normally works for me when i watch the reaction of the trl on loading.or a rigid.

remember it’s the hardest thing to get,but the easiest thing to loose :bulb: your hgv licence :exclamation: :unamused: