First job next week

hey guys i got my first job next week :smiley:
gona train on tankers n collect milk from farms and i they like me and i like them i will get my class 1 for nothing :laughing: :laughing:

awww tankers scares the living [zb] out of me any advice so i dont look more of a plum than i have too
(Edited - Little Stars aint allowed mate, soz :wink: AndyM)

Milk tankers! be very carefull! Very few if any will have baffels, I am sure you will be taught so dont worry too much,
When you need to stop remember to keep your foot on the break even after you have stopped, Think of roundabouts as hazzard and remember to take corners very carefully.

Most of all enjoy your driving and look forward to doing your class 1

and be very alert for the entering and exiting of the farm entrances,if they are anything like the ones up here they donโ€™t move with the times.the trucks get longer and the entances to farms stay the same.good luck and donโ€™t worry youโ€™ll get the hang of it.just take your time shaun :bulb: :bulb: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :wink:

Iโ€™ll have 2 pints of Full cream every day mate, PM me for my address :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Well done & good luck with it.

Cheers,
Paul.

I did some work on single tank slurry-pot, quite a few years ago. I was hauling waste water from a land fill site from south of Glasgow across to Seafield, Edinburgh.

I found that, with an unbaffled tank, when you apply the brakes 22 tonnes+ of fluid slapping against the front of your tank gives you a good shove forwards, after you have stopped :open_mouth: . Then the wave bounces back and slaps against the back of your tank, pulling you backwards. This goes on for quite a while, so you can stop at a set of traffic-lights and be bouncing up and down for five minutes :unamused: .

This effect can be very alarming, when driving on a windy back road. In fact it can downright dangerous. The reason being, if you get the timing wrong, as you approach a corner you brake to slow down, then you start to turn. After you have started to turn the wave hits the front of your tank, added to that is the outwards swing (?) of your load due to turning. This can have disastrous consequences in the underwear department, if you are not too unlucky. :open_mouth: :smiley: .

All this and more should be explained to you during your training. I hope, for your sake and ours, that you will be paying attention to your trainer :wink: :laughing: :laughing: .

Day 1, all went well i reckon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , didnt get covered in milk or cow doo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: mastered the hose always at an arms length!!! more trainin tomorow not sure if its for me 6 on 2 off rota type thing(mrs likes me home now n again at week ends) ps im rapidly goin off milk!!

take that as a bonus mate that you didnt get covered in milk or cow dooโ€ฆgive it a few weeks and see how you go mate :laughing: :laughing: glad to hear your first day went well though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At least you wont need to bother with putting a tacho disc in :slight_smile: